BACFest 2016 - REGISTER NOW! for the best value in aviation....

SkyPilot

Orbiting Earth
Members-

It is July 18 and our annual event will be here before you know it. Our BACFest event this year will take place in Branson, MO. The dates are Septemebr 22 through September 25. Our host hotel for this event is the Branson Radisson. We have a wonderfully discounted rate which includes breakfast each morning. The Radisson is just off off the famous Branson strip where fantastic music shows abound, water parks, miniature golf, go-karts, Ride-the-Ducks (on Table Rock Lake - one of the most beautiful lakes in the Central Unites States). The activities are endless for young and old... Here is the contact information for the Radisson Hotel and when you make reservations, please tell them you are with the Beech Aero Club event for the special rate: Website: www.RadissonBranson.com Radissson Hotel Branson, 120 South Wildwood Dr., Branson, MO 65616 Phone: (417) 335-5767

Our host airport for this event is the Graham Clark Downtown Airport (KPLK). They are ready to help you with any special needs you might have for your aircraft while staying in Branson, including the availability of hangar space if you desire. Call them today if you need a hangar: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KPLK. Let them know you are with the Beech Aero Club event.

The Official Schedule of Events is as Follows:

Thursday - September 22 ARRIVAL DAY at KPLK Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, beverages (Adult and non-Adult) starrting at 3PM through 7PM. Shuttle service back and forth from the airport to the hotel. If anyone is flying into Springfield, MO on a commercial airline flight, please contact me by private message. We will be providing shuttle service for arrivals at KSGF. It is about a 45 minute drive from KSGF to Branson. Your evening is free, so feel free to explore the nightlife of the Branson strip -take in a show, tour the Titanic Museum, visit Ripley's Believe It or Not, visit the Outlet Mall just up the street from the hotel, etc... All of this is within walking distance or less than a 5 minute ride.

Friday - September 23 FLY OUT/FLY BACK and SERVICE CLINIC - This year, we will gather at our host airport, KPLK at 9AM. We will have a fly out to Gaston's White River Resort (3M0) http://www.gastons.com/. Non-flying members and family will be whisked away in a luxury motor coach for a 2 hour ride through the Ozark Mountains to Gaston's. Gaston's is a famous and wonderful resort just off off Bull Shoals Lake on the White River - famous for amazing trout fishing. The flight over is about 30 minutes and it promises to be full of beautiful scenery. The runway 6/24 at Gaston's is grass and measures 3200' long by 55' wide. We will enjoy a wonderful luncheon in the scenic and historic Gaston's restaurant overlooking the White River. Gaston's also has a small little wildlife zoo area of indigenous animals. There is a quaint little gift store that is also available for perusing... My wife never fails to leave with some little gift that accents our home. Non-flying members and family will depart once again on their luxury motor coach back to Branson. Pilots and passengers will depart Gaston's starting at 1PM and arrive back at KPLK for our service clinic. The Service Clinic is chock-full of valuable nuggets including a ADS-B seminar with potential solutions for our aircraft and compliance with the ruling. We will have a group event for Friday evening... Stay tuned for this announcement.

Saturday - September 24 - Club Meeting Day and Banquet - BAC Board Members will meet in the morning to discuss the business of the club. Non-Board members and family have the morning to once again enjoy the magic that Branson has to offer. Perhaps a boat rental and cruise on Table Rock Lake is in order. Parasailing more your style... Skeet shooting? Zip lining.... Silver Dollar City (http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park)? It's all in Branson... Lunch will be served for all who would like to participate... There will be a all member meeting following lunch... all are invited to attend. Our evening will be full of merriment and cheer as we enjoy a wonderful banquet with a full menu.

Sunday - September 25 - DEPARTURE DAY - Shuttle service to and from the airports will start as early as requested, but officially at 8AM. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at the hotel before you depart, or perhaps extend your stay and enjoy the finest that Branson has to offer such as Championship Golf or Fishing.

Members, make your reservations today at the Radisson hotel and then PM or click here http://conta.cc/2ae85eG to our Secretary/Treasurer Michael Dunlevie to register for this event. Only $85 per person covers ALL costs. Yes, you have that right, $85 for lunches, dinners, club activities... It truly is the greatest value in Aviation. Be there!!!!!!!!!

PM me with any questions or concerns....

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

Attachments

• facebook_double_thumbs_up_by_topher147-d98j70d.png
    facebook_double_thumbs_up_by_topher147-d98j70d.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 507
EXCELLENT !!! What a great effort - - - - many many thanks.

Planning to be a day or two early ..... and ready to share a beer.

Congratulations to all that have been involved in the planning of BACFest 2016 (the 11th edition). Great strides have been made since the 2006 inaugural event held in Wichita.

Whenever convenient, could someone post the current list of confirmed attendees?

Thanks and see you in Branson!

Brad

Hotel is booked, flight is booked, sent Dolly a heads up......look out Branson, the Crazy Canuck is coming!

Depart Edmonton 00:40 am, arrive Toronto 06:19 am
Depart Toronto 08:15 am, arrive Chicago 09:09 am
Depart Chicago 10:00 am, arrive Springfield 11:30 am

Should allow ample time for shuttle from Springfield, hotel check-in and reception @1500. See you all there!

Last edited:
Jeff-

I'm looking forward to your arrival at KSGF... We will get you to the hotel so you can grab an hour or two of shut-eye...zzzzzzzzzz.... 15:00 and you'll be a new man...

What airline are you arriving on? Air Canada doesn't seem to service KSGF....

This is the final leg to Springfield Chris.

American Airlines 3731 Operated by ENVOY AIR AS AMERICAN EAGLE
Depart Chicago (ORD) 10:00am (Terminal 3)
Arrive Springfield (SGF) 11:30am
1h, 30m, 436 mi

Thanks for doing that Chris. Much appreciated!

Brad, I thought Wichita was 2005 & Myrtle Beech was 2006 (My first). Am I slipping a cog in my wheel house?

Would some one please notify US Customs of Jeff's schedule!!! He is a terrorist after just two beers! I can't stand anyone that talks more or louder than I do. He learned to whisper in a sawmill. Whatever you do, don't let him in your hotel room with a case of beer! I lost count of how many times the cops and hotel management came pounding on that door. Myself and about a dozen other peeps are lucky we didn't wake up in jail.

Well Bill, I won't say a cog is slipping, but here's the event history:

1) 2006 - Wichita, KS
2) 2007 - Myrtle Beach, SC
3) 2008 - Santa Maria, CA
4) 2009 - Gatlinburg, TN
5) 2010 - San Antonio, TX
6) 2011 - Ithaca, NY
7) 2012 - Gulf Shores, AL
8 2013 - Virginia Beach, VA
9) 2014 - Portland, OR
10) 2015 - Dubuque, IA
11) 2016 - Branson, MO

Last edited:
Would some one please notify US Customs of Jeff's schedule!!! He is a terrorist after just two beers! I can't stand anyone that talks more or louder than I do. He learned to whisper in a sawmill. Whatever you do, don't let him in your hotel room with a case of beer! I lost count of how many times the cops and hotel management came pounding on that door. Myself and about a dozen other peeps are lucky we didn't wake up in jail.

Shhh, Shhhh, Everybody it's the cops. Shhh, let me handle this.......Hey Officer Mitchell, I thought you said you didn't want to come back up here tonight? Hey, you think you could draw my outline on the hallway floor with that piece of chalk Y'all carry? OK, we'll shut it down......See ya in the morning boys.....

Brad Mitchell failed to list the first BAC HALF NATIONAL at Wright Brother's Field in Dayton Ohio in 2005.

If I WASN'T AT THE AIRPORT COMPUTER RIGHT NOW I WOULD POST A PHOTO.

Tom Corcoran

Tom is correct. In May 2005 an East of the Mississippi gathering was held in Dayton, OH. It was dubbed a half national and discussions were held on holding the first BACFest in 2006. Here's a picture of Tom introducing Oz Iftikhar to the official BAC handshake!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dayton.jpg
    Dayton.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 280
I haven't registered with BAC for Branson yet. I am not alone.

Simplifying the process by putting your name somewhere on the website would work. However, it would take away the enjoymment of seeing a sudden rush of members with $85 at the last minute.

The current reservation system involving an email back-and-forth must be more fun for the organizers.

Any member NOT going is missing a HUGE aviation rush for a price near free.

Got my room reserved months ago.

Tom Corcoran

Last edited:
I have now put you on the list, you are registered. If you want details listed like others send me a PM or email and I'll get that up too.

For ANYONE having an issue registering for BACFest 2016 in Branson, you can email us at bacfest2016@flybac.org (or email me or PM me or call me) and we'll get you registered

If that doesn't work for you, JP set up a quick register link at:
http://conta.cc/2ae85eG that appears to be a one stop shop, register, provide details on you, guest, home base, aircraft, coming commercial or BAC style, etc. I don't know why it isn't a hot link in this thread but I guess you'll need to cut & paste for a one step register.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the link in the article to register. Even though I am not always a pay pal fan it was easy enough to get signed up.
I am looking forward to another BACfest.

Back