BACFest 2023 - 13-17 September 2023 (KOSH)

wjknight

Flight Levels
Staff member
BF-23-Simple-Logo.png
Members,

BACFest 2023 is fast approaching and Bob Schmidt and his crew have been working hard, and are busy putting the final touches on the program for this year.  Please see the attached file for information and do your best to get to BACFest 2023.  This is the Beech Aero Club's annual convention, annual meeting and annual awards banquet.  If there is one event you should try to make, this is the one!  See you at Whitman Field (KOSH) in September.

To Register, please click on the following link and then click on the Register Now button.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ejwsadxdee180cc3&llr=liv8rosab&showPage=true

Some event details:

Arrival will be Wednesday September 13th and our hospitality area will be the hotel rooftop venue overlooking the airport. Limited parking will be available on the hotel tarmac – reserve a tiedown when you make reservations. You will need to call the hotel to reserve parking. Cost is $25 per night. Otherwise parking will be in the North Forty grass next to the hotel by the tarmac. Grass parking is free, and we will have the BAC Canopy set up with water and soft drinks available at the North Forty. BRING TIEDOWNS wherever you park!!! The hotel tarmac has a steel cable the runs along the tiedown area and you will need to tie to the cable. Be aware the cable anchors are designed for six aircraft and they may park up to nine aircraft, so there may be some slack in the cable!

Just a reminder – the cutoff date to book with your discounted hotel rate is Monday 8/14/23!  You can also make a reservation by calling the front desk and reference the
Beech Aero Club Conference at 920-966-1300.

We have 10 Redbird flight training devices reserved for Thursday. Sessions will run about an hour. There are about 20 ‘canned’ scenarios to choose from, or you can ‘free flight’. Instructors will be there to run the simulators. If you are a CFI and want to instruct, let me know. We also plan to tour Basler Turbo Conversions on Thursday. Tour group size is a maximum of 20 and run a couple of hours, so some will take the tour first and some will have a simulator session first. We are working on other events for our partners to do while we do ‘pilot stuff’, though partners are welcome to tour or do a simulator session.

The Banquet will be held on Thursday evening at Fergus Plaza in the EAA museum. A plated dinner will be provided by the Roxy and you will have two or three entrees to choose from.

Powerpoint Presentation:  

View attachment BACFest-2023-FINAL-with-updates.pptx

If that doesn't work, try this one: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SVGx4L4ThNO858-MdrIq5f-9kx1zd0WH4FExI_CUFG8/edit?usp=sharing

Just made our hotel reservations for 9/13-9/17

look forward to seeing everyone- irs been awhile

My Malwarebytes software won't let me go to that site.  Says it has suspicious content.  Not much I can do about it.  Would appreciate it if some of our IT members would take a look to see what could be triggering this.

niechiro said
My Malwarebytes software won't let me go to that site.  Says it has suspicious content.  Not much I can do about it.  Would appreciate it if some of our IT members would take a look to see what could be triggering this.  
Try this one: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SVGx4L4ThNO858-MdrIq5f-9kx1zd0WH4FExI_CUFG8/edit?usp=sharing

Margie and I plan to attend BACFest September 13. We will be arriving Milwaukee via commercial. We would be happy to join another couple(s) for a few days touristing in the area by car(s) before the "Fest".  An email inviting yourself to join us would be welcomed. Tom

IMG_1347.JPG

Note: Our new real estate investment. Be sure to read the bottom line.

Room booked and airplane parking at the hotel. 

Mary and I will be headed to Mackinac Island first, arriving Monday.  We will make the flight to OSH Thursday morning to meet up with our BAC family.

Anne and I are booked at the Hilton arriving Wednesday.  

Tom, there was no doubt Margie would get the last word in, but doing it that way? Ouch! [img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img]

BACFest updates

First, the PowerPoint presentation needs a few changes as the one posted has a couple of outdated slides and a few things have changed. I will get the updated presentation posted as soon as I can.

Some event details:

Arrival will be Wednesday September 13th and our hospitality area will be the hotel rooftop venue overlooking the airport. Limited parking will be available on the hotel tarmac - reserve a tiedown when you make reservations. You will need to call the hotel to reserve parking. Cost is $25 per night. Otherwise parking will be in te North Forty grass next to the hotel by the tarmac. Grass parking is free, and we will have the BAC Canopy set up with water and soft drinks available at the North Forty. BRING TIEDOWNS whereever you park!!! The hotel tarmac has a steel cable the runs along the tiedown area and you will need to tie to the cable. Be aware the cable anchors are designed for six aircraft and they may park up to nine aircraft, so there may be some slack in the cable!

We have 10 RedBird flight training devices reserved for Thursday. Sessions will run about an hour. There are about 20 'canned' scenarios to choose from, or you can 'free flight'. Instructors will be there to run the simulators. If you are a CFI and want to instruct, let me know. We also plan to tour Basler Turbo Conversions on Thursday. Tour group size is a maximum of 20 and run a couple of hours, so some will take the tour first and some will have a simulator session first. We are working on a spouse event while we do 'guy stuff', though spouses are welcome to tour or do a simulator session.

The Banquet will be held on Thursday evening at Fergus Plaza in the EAA museum. A plated dinner will be provided by the Roxy and you will have two or three entriees to choose from.

That's all for now. Much more to come in a couple of days.

Jane and I are booked at the Hilton arriving Wednesday also.  We're really looking forward to seeing many BACers again for great times together.

Leili and I are also booked at the Hilton and also planning to arrive on Wednesday. 

See you all soon!

Peter Foster

[img alt="Chow Line, July 22, 2022" width="800" height="533" /]https://centralcountyflyers.org/072222-lunch-peg-2.jpg[/img]Chow line July 22, 2022

We are still working on Friday's events, but on Saturday, we will fly to Central County airport in Iola, Wisconsin (68C) for a Spanferkel Pig Roast. Iola is a grass strip about 39nm from KOSH. The picture is of the hangar where we will hold the pig roast. The Central County Fliers (shown in the picture) have lunch there every Friday during the season.

There has been some confusion on how to find the hotel link for BACFest.  It is in the PowerPoint presentation in the first post and in the latest BACFire!, but for those of you that don't have PowerPoint or deleted BACFire!, here is the link:

Booking Link: 
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
hilton.com%2Fen%2Fbook%2Freservation%2Fdeeplink%2F%3Fctyhocn%3DOSHGIGI
%26groupCode%3DBEECH%26arrivaldate%3D2023-09-13%26departuredate%3D2023
-09-17%26cid%3DOM%2CWW%2CHILTONLINK%2CEN%2CDirectLink%26fromId%3DHILTO
NLINKDIRECT&data=05%7C01%7CNicole.Krueger%40hilton.com%7C7dddbd303bea4
261310c08daef538a9c%7C660292d2cfd54a3db7a7e8f7ee458a0a%7C0%7C0%7C63808
5439689020732%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2lu
MzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ilS9mEX2NCwYC
TanFRs3dwMotqTh%2FYUI2Mt401cWx48%3D&reserved=0

Just a reminder - the cutoff date to book with your discounted rate is
Monday 8/14/23.

You can also make a reservation by calling the front desk and reference the
Beech Aero Club Conference at 920-966-1300:

I must be the only one to have problems with these links.  When I click on that link to the hotel I get a message that the page could not be loaded due to an internal error. 

niechiro said
I must be the only one to have problems with these links.  When I click on that link to the hotel I get a message that the page could not be loaded due to an internal error. 

The link is too long and you cannot just click on it because it takes too many lines. Try this URL

https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/rooms/?ctyhocn=OSHGIGI&arrivalDate=2023-09-13&departureDate=2023-09-17&groupCode=BEECH&room1NumAdults=1&cid=OM%2CWW%2CHILTONLINK%2CEN%2CDirectLink

JUST RESERVED AND HAVE MY TIE DOWN SPOT. :) .LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE. I AM NOT YELLING BY THE WAY!!!! TALKED TO CAM  

Tom and Margie Corcoran have made hotel reservations at HGI for BACFest in Oshkosh.

As has been our custom, we are making this a 9 day event. Other couples who wish to join us beginning Friday September 8 are encouraged to do so.

Mini-itinerary: Sept 8 & 9 hotel in Sheboygan (2 nights); September 10 & 11 & 12 hotel in Sturgeon Bay (3 nights); September 13 & 14 & 15 & 16 hotel in Oshkosh (4 nights).

We are flying commercial r/t Boston to Milwaukee; flight days September 8 and 17.

BAC-Boneyard-fly-in-Feb-20-2020-Tom-and-Margie-Corcoran-at-Pima.JPG

Fun loving old people! Tom and Margie (Photo by Marty Vanover)

Denis & Kathryn are booked with HGI for the duration of BACFest.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Back