BACFest 2016 - REGISTER NOW! for the best value in aviation....

It's there. After selecting the correct Month, click GO to see the month you selected.

Last edited:
BEECH AERO CLUB PRESENTS:
attachment.php

AGENDA
September 22: Arrivals
Host Airport: KPLK – M. Graham Clark Downtown Airport Branson, MO
For Special Services or Hangar Space, please contact Terry (417) 332-1838
AVIS Rental Car – Contact Jeff Mullins @ (417) 334-4945
3PM to 7PM: Hot Dogs/Hamburgers/Soft Drinks/Adult Beverages/Water/Condiments
Shuttle Service to/from KPLK Airport to Radisson Hotel starts at Noon
Shuttle Service to/from Branson-Springfield Airport available on request
Evening time is open for Members and Guests – EXPLORE BRANSON!

September 23: Fly Out / Service Clinic / Dinner
8AM: Shuttle Service to/from KPLK Starts
9AM: ALL PILOTS must attend flyout briefing for 3M0 – Gaston’s Resort to be held at the KPLK
Terminal Building
10AM: Departures to Gaston’s Resort (3M0) 3- minute interval departures
11:30AM Luncheon at Gaston’s
1PM: Departures from Gaston’s to KPLK – M. Graham Clark Downtown (KPLK)
2:30PM Education/Service Clinic
5PM: Shuttles to Radisson Hotel
7PM: Motor Coach at Radisson Branson to Showboat Branson Belle
8PM: Bon Voyage – Cruise, Dinner, Show
10PM: Motor Coach return to Radisson Hotel

September 24: BAC Board Meeting/Luncheon/General Meeting/Banquet
8AM: ALL DAY SHUTTLE SERVICE begins – Available for membership to go anywhere in Branson
8:30AM: BAC Board Meeting
12PM: ALL MEMBER LUNCHEON – Lunch available for anyone who would like to attend…
1PM: ALL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – Open to all attending members
3PM: FREE TIME – Explore Branson!
6PM: BANQUET RECEPTION: hors d’oeuvres / Open Bar
6:45PM: Banquet Dinner Seating
7PM: Banquet Dinner/Awards/Festivities
10PM: BACFest Ends

September 25: DEPARTURES
6AM: Shuttle Service to KPLK and Springfield-Branson Regional (KSGF) Airports Begins
12PM: Shuttle Service to Airports Stops

Attachments

• BACFest2016.jpg
    BACFest2016.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:
I know that a few of us are planning on arriving a day or two early and might do some fly-outs.

I'd love to get there early and fly out (with someone more experienced) to Gaston's so the "1st time" is over with and the club fly out would be much better for me.

I'll fly with you Mike. I won't have my own plane there so might as well be a learned colleague.......somebody hold my beer will ya?

Question from SWMBO:
When the passengers get back from Gastons and don't want to the the maint stuff, how will they get back to the shopping?

Rap

Rap-

I have two passenger vans that will be available to non-pilots, pilots and significant others who will not be attending the maintenance clinic. These vans will shuttle out attendees back to the hotel or any other location, such as the Tanger Outlets for some great shopping or to the "old" Branson downtown for some cool shopping there too, where they can visit a real live still operating 5&10 (five and dime as we used to refer to it). There is lots to do around the hotel too. We are located just off of the "Branson Strip." Within just a short walk (up the driveway to the road) is the "strip" where "BACFesters" will find the "Ride the Ducks" attraction with the amphibious vehicles that will take you for a drive along the Branson strip and then take a "dip" into Table Rock Lake for a sailing tour. There is a Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Go-Karts, minigolf, serious golf, Helicopter rides, The Titanic - a museum owned by John Joslyn who made an expedition to the Titanic in 1987, which has a 90-minute self guided tour. I'm only touching on just a few activities.... There is so much to do! There WILL be transpotation to for our attendees! One thing I forgot to mention, there is a shooting range just a short drive away for any members that might want to bring their firearms and do some skeet/trap shooting for extremely reasonable non-member prices starting at $10. Here is a link to the website: http://www.ozarkshooters.com/. Let me know if any attendees would like to put this on their personal agenda. Of course, in a former post I mentioned Top of the Rock, a beautiful destination for golfers who might want to hit-the range for a bucket of balls and for the non-golfers there is a golf cart tour (self driven) of the grounds which includes a beautiful cave with a Bar that serves adult cocktails as well as beautiful views which includes waterfalls... Lots to see and do!

All -

Super excited for our first BAC Fest! I had to do a little digging to find air transport from SW Florida (8 hours in the Musketeer in Sept in Fl was more than Jackie was happy with), but I found a good flight to Springfield from St. Petersburg on Allegiant so we're all good to go. Jackie and I are staying at the Hilton at Branson Landing (12 minutes from the hotel) and we'll have a car so we can offer rides as well. I'd also love to hitch a ride to Gaston's if possible.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Don

If it is no too late, can you put user names as well as real name on the BACfest name tags? It is nice to put together

Great idea Paul! Consider it done!

My wife and I just returned from Branson... Just doing some more leg work for our event... So much to do for non-flyers... Sight and Sound Theater... Zip lining... Ride the Ferris Wheel from the Navy Pier in Chicago, yup, its in Branson!

Mike,

if you are going to fly your airplane to Gaston , I can fly with you.

arturo

Last edited:
Margie and I are driving from Dallas and will doddle to Branson taking 4 days or arriving Branson early to meet BACers.

Several prior arrival names are cropping up I see. Maybe it's a start of an early-birds list:

Tom and Margie Corcoran 781 843-4321
Nelson Amen
Paul Werbin

Since my cylinders will be at the shop, I will be driving this year. Simple.

Most likely arriving mid-day Wednesday after 1 1/2 day driving up from San Antonio. Look for my camper van ..... (photo, but without the boat !). Hey .... I could go REALLY cheap this year .... and use the Walmart parking lot. Not!

Hopefully meeting up with Paul, and Tom & Margie for some "early arrivals" fun. Anyone else ??? I will bring the "trumpet caps" and "trumpet nose fairings" as promised, so find me or call (210-834-1991) if you are on my delivery list. Tom, I might be that slow van driver you and Margie see on the highway .... :o

Safe travels to all.

Attachments

• IMG_1756a_1.jpg
    IMG_1756a_1.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 30
  • sl - chuteA.JPG
    sl - chuteA.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6370a_1.jpg
    IMG_6370a_1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 28
The after-BACfest 2016 Colorado fly-in is still on !!

I will be driving from Branson, so some of you hot-rod airplane drivers MIGHT arrive before I pull up. No problem ..... I have a lock box combination to the house and you can let yourselves in. I will be on-site as planned, so I am hoping some of you will come enjoy the fall colors and rockies. Right now I plan to be there about 10 days. And no low clouds/weather concerns for me this year ....

For you Sunday arrivals before I pull into town, I may have to draw the line at beer kegs and teenage girls, but then again .... maybe not .......:grin: See you at BACfest and we'll work out all the details.

The Radisson should have a room a available if anyone is still looking. I had to cancel, school is getting in the way of my flying and vacation. I know everyone will have a blast. Fly safe guys

Back