BACfest LITE 2020 - May 1st, 2020 - San Antonio - feedback please

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
All,

Please see the attached. I would appreciate preliminary feedback from you all here on this forum thread during this next week on the level of interest, which will be critical to determine if we proceed with these plans for a Texas gathering.

Many thanks,
Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

I have also "copy and pasted" the text below - - - - - -

Welcome to BACfest LITE 2020 !!

My intent is to schedule an annual gathering six months after each BACfest, giving us a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] chance to meet each year.
This first event will be held in San Antonio on the weekend of May 2, 2020. An outline of the details follows:
Arrive Friday, May 1[SUP]st[/SUP] for a two night stay

• by commercial airline (SAT international). Frontier and Southwest Airlines are very economical carriers. Take hotel shuttle. Hotel rate will be about $90 per day.
  • fly your plane to 8T8 on the west side of town. Free parking on the grass and we will shuttle to/from our hotel near SAT airport. We will use the airport operations building at San Geronimo Airpark as our staging area.

• Group supper 6:30 pm on Friday night near SAT airport. Then hotel breakfast Saturday morning.

Saturday, May 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]

• Morning aviation related activity (to be announced).
  • Lunch BBQ
  • The main event - - supper on a River Barge downtown for the entire group
Sunday, May 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]

• Breakfast at hotel with shuttle departures per your individual schedules
  • Group lunch for those still in town
GOODBYES AND HUGS AFTER OUR FIRST ANNUAL BACfest LITE!

OPTIONS

• Get a rental car to explore San Antonio. It is a great tourist town.
  • Arrive a day early to extend your stay. I will arrange this option with the hotel.
  • Stay Sunday night at our 5 bedroom lake house about one hour north of San Antonio. If the weather complies, we’ll work the details of lake sailing on Sunday or Monday. Subject to the number of persons requesting … of course.

Attachments

Thanks Nelson! Don't know if we can make it, but the San Antonio BACFest was one of the most enjoyable we ever had. Maybe it was because it was our first one and we got to meet all the real people in the club whose names were all we knew until then. We will see what next spring does to our plans.

We are interested! Sounds fun. You may want to give this thread more than a week for gauging interest level to capture those who don't hit the BAC that often...

San Antonio!
I may go just to see if they erected a statue in honor of my time at Fort Sam Houston's Army medical school.
On the map, Boston to Texas doesn't look too far in a Sundowner.

Tom Corcoran

Definitely interested. If weather doesn’t cooperate it is still close enough to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelson, after enjoying your hospitality in Colorado I would also try to arrange Texas in May!

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk

I'm in and looking forward to my first BAC event. Coming from Big D (Mesquite airport) so interested in other meeting other North Texas members.

Jay, that's great, thanks! Would there be a seat available in your Sierra?
DLH is also flying to Austin, another option. We will see when the date comes closer. Enjoy Christmas!

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk

I am interested. I am sure I can find my way to San Antonio from Myrtle Beach. I might need a side trip to Corpus Christi to check out my old Navy flight training sites.

Back