BACfest LITE 2020 - May 1st, 2020 - San Antonio - feedback please

HOTEL "FUN" - - - sheeese

All,

Well ….. I am ignorant and too trustfull. When the hotel sites list $83 and $73 as their rates … I believed them. Until I attempted to grab a room for two nights. Ok, got scammed (and now somewhat educated) by the individual hotel web sites. And visiting the "sales person" at the hotels (saying I could give them 18 customers) ended up with an offer of a rate per night that was MORE than I could book on-line. Sheese again …..

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/san-antonio/satat/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=YextLocal-_-EX-_-US-_-SATAT[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.guestreservations.com/pear-tree-inn-san-antonio-airport/booking?msclkid=a8e8d7edc659182d0b5389fa15080de9[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]
So …. please …. peruse the two finalists above for our event in San Antonio for May 1st to May 3rd (and any extra days), and let me know if you have any feedback.

I am targeting an "economy plus" hotel close to the airport (with shuttle service), free breakfast, free wifi and also within walking distant of food and drinks. I will most likely have you book your rooms using your own particular methods (I typically use expedia when I travel). Unless there is a significant breakthrough with a hotel …. do not expect a "BAC special rate" for our BAC LITE event.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Nelson Amen
San Antonio, Texas

Nelson - did you know the Drury family (the same family that owns all the Pear Tree Inn's) also has a Beechjet that they use to commute between SAT - CGI - SUS. Perhaps they need an invite.... and can help with a block of rooms :)

Nelson: Either will work for us, Pear Tree is Drury whom we like and we are HIE members. None of the events are hotel-based so to your point, we'll make our own reservations and post where we will be. SWMBO will be in charge of that part. We will arrive via ground, will have 4 comfortable seats or 6 narrow-loads available. (Pacifica misleading passenger capacity similar to hotel web pricing)

Rap and Charlotte/SWMBO

Jane and I will plan on attending, and hope the weather cooperates to fly the SD from Georgia. It’ll be fun.
Greg J.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Our intention is to do both. Fly and visit great BACers while we still can.
Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

All - - -

New thread coming soon for BAC LITE 2020. I will be collecting attendee info and then create a list of those planning to come to San Antonio. Thanks so much for your interest.

Yep - - I am keeping it simple!

Still working for Saturday options during the day before our supper on the river downtown. Possible spot landing challenge at my airport, possible airport hangar-to-hangar walk, possible look at an aircraft collection here in San Antonio. Or we might just stuff ourselves with BBQ and call it good .....

Nobody leaves San Antonio hungry!

Jane and I will be there. We are planning to go to the "Raid Across South Dakota" on April 17-19 in Rapid City. From there we are planning to fly to see the Spruce Goose in Oregon. For the next week we will be flying down the west coast, sightseeing along the way. We plan on being in San Antonio in time for BACfest lite before we head home. All together it will be a 4500 mile trip for the us in the Sierra. Of course we will be landing in every state we fly over so we can add to our map of states visited.

Last edited:
Jane and I will be there. We are planning to go to the "Raid Across South Dakota" on April 17-19 in Rapid City. From there we are planning to fly to see the Spruce Goose in Oregon. For the next week we will be flying down the west coast, sightseeing along the way. We plan on being in San Antonio in time for BACfest lite before we head home. All together it will be a 4500 mile trip for the us in the Sierra. Of course we will be landing in every state we fly over so we can add to our map of states visited.

Wow, what a trip. Sounds like a great time.

Jealousy! Thy name be Alan!

So …. please …. peruse the two finalists above for our event in San Antonio for May 1st to May 3rd (and any extra days), and let me know if you have any feedback.
Nelson Amen
San Antonio, Texas

I sure would love to make this, maybe by the commercial tube. I'll be just out of annual so maybe the timing would work for a nice cross country back to Texas, in our plane.

Sounds like a great trip! Hopefully you will post updates. inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Mary and I hope to someday make a similar trip, but, coming from the south and heading north up the left coast.

Last edited:

Maybe an oil change clinic at BFLite?

Hi Nelson, just booked:

Hotel: Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Check In: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Check Out: Monday, May 4, 2020
Rooms: 1

Room 1: 2 Adults

Total: €817,41

That's a rate of USD 86,16 per day plus fees. Not too bad...

Our plan is that Elke and I are flying into IAH (Houston) with Lufthansa on Monday 27th - I have to use my first class retirement free flight this year.

Jay, LH service to DFW is only offering business class and I don't like to miss the opportunity to fly one last time in first for free.
We are planning to visit Waco and Austin on our way to San Antonio.

Looking forward seeing you all again soon!

Back