Beechcraft Heritage Museum (KTHA) Saturday October 13 (Musketeer Induction) Fly-in

The 30th anniversary of the Starship ( 2 Flying in attendance). Member Gene Nora Jessen as the Beech Aero Clubs speaker . Seeing new members Gary and Beth Harper getting so active with the Club. They contacted Paula Rellihan and offered to fly her in Pretty Bird ( Sunny Beech). The museum board voting Mike Rellihan on the Baby Beech Advisory board . (Not aware of his passing) Seeing Gene Nora examine the serial tag on 3Z ( I think she couldn’t believe it was her M-6 ):). Alan White’s Tennessee colored Sundowner and Sunny Beech (now Pretty Bird ) in the Sunset backing up 3z as the hanger door opened to reveal her during the ceremony. There are so many amazing things in store for this club !! Everything is getting blurry just typing this on my cell phone . I feel like I have been chopping onions for 3 days. :). If anyone is in Tullahoma and takes the tour .( approx 2 hours) . Don’t tell them you are with the Beech Aero club until the end .When you hear the history of 3Z at the end of the tour . You will get goosebumps. Four of us were in a group of 50 that took the tour. We are working with the Museum to raise funds to repaint, annual and build an exhibit around it. One of the fundraising items is a limited hard copy autographed “Flight of the Musketeers” book signed by Gene Nora for $50.They just started selling them on Saturday afternoon at the Museum. Eleven sold already:).All proceeds go to the project . Gene Nora donated the books (qty 62). We have raised $3600 so far along with insurance being covered by Aircraft and Marine . Some members have also donated significant amounts but I am not sure they want to be recognized publicly. I love this club and we should all be very proud of this accomplishment.

Beech Party was a blast! Beth & I are extremely proud to be a part of such a great organization as the Beech Aero Club. Our Club President JP did an outstanding job of representing the Club, talking about 3Z and introducing Gene Nora. And WOW... is she an inspiration to us all or what. Still sharp as razor and so very engaging and ready to talk to anyone. And for me the highlight of the weekend was seeing 3Z & ALL of us BAC members being welcomed into the museum with open arms. Everyone there treated us like family. Can't wait till next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is "Man what a Party"! As a first timer to Beech Party, I can tell you that this one is a best kept secret, must attend, bucket list item that simply must be experienced to appreciated. From my arrival after quitting time and still being able to get registered the first night, right to the dedication of "3Z" and the closing dinner dedicated to the Beech Aero Club and our matriarch Gene Nora Jessen on the last night, Beech Party was a class act all the way through. Museum tours, whisky (yes it's spelled correctly) tasting and distillery tours, to seminars on Beech aircraft, rotary engines and more fly pasts and formation photo passes than you have digital space on your I-Phone for, this trip was one for the Log Books. I am so happy to have made this trip and especially to witness our beloved Baby Beech's be welcomed with open arms and excitement by the Beech Heritage Museum members and staff. This is one I will always remember. Well done to everyone involved with bringing this dream to fruition.

Last edited:
Back