BACFest 2021 - Tullahoma, TN, 13-17 October 2021

Unfortunately, N24TD is still AOG in Cedar Rapids, and its engine is EOG at Poplar Grove Airmotive. Supply channels indicate 6-8 weeks minimum for the components and parts needed for repair, replacement, or overhaul. 
As a result, we will not be attending BACFest 2021. [img class="an1" alt="😥" /]https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/e/notoemoji/13.1.1/1f625/72.png[/img] [img class="an1" alt="🤕" /]https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/e/notoemoji/13.1.1/1f915/72.png[/img]
We made our hotel reservations when we registered, so we have a 2-night (October 13-14) stay booked in a 2 queen bed, non-smoking room. If anyone is interested, I'll contact the hotel to see if we can change the name on the reservation. Please send a PM or EM if so.

We were really looking forward to seeing everyone in the BAC family and the activities this year, so we'll channel that enthusiasm into BACFest 2022!

Thanks to the board and all the volunteers doing the work behind the scenes to make this event a success.

Sincerely,
Tom & Lisa 

Weather forecast for my route looks to be about 50 / 50 percent for flying to BACfest.  I will pack and be ready to depart Tuesday morning, regardless.

My chance of attendance is 100%.  I just need to determine if I fly or drive.....   If driving, I will be hanging with the camping crowd in my van.

Hope to see you all there.  Have trumpet ... will travel.

Nelson 

Here is a current list of attendees for BAC Fest 2021 as of today. 

AmenNelson 
BarlowSteveColleen
BootonCharleyJean
CookKen 
CorcoranTomMargie
CoteSteve 
DunlevieMichaelAnne
EwersGeorgePeggy
FosterJohnKaren O'Loughlin
FosterPeterLeili
GoodermMarkCandy
HaagHarveyJanet
HardingMichaelAnne
HarperGaryBeth
HeilbronKurtLaura Crowley
JohnsonGregJane
KnightJeff 
KochRickChris
KoenigMike 
LindauerCurtJane
MansonDon 
McBurneyRapCharlotte
MitchellBrad 
PersingerJonnAndrea
PersingerJackSteve Bucko
PrangeBob 
RedmonJohn 
StaabRobertKathleen
WeiserDenisKathryn
HightowerRodneyMaura
MillarLisaAndrea Charest
NeilsonMichaelLinda
SciscoeBill 
TooleWilliamAnn
WhiteAlanGary
WilkinsonLarryRachael
CulletonFredSteffi
JonesJJana
SmithJohnnieBrenda

Took advantage of great Texas flying weather and a tail wind today and .....

- - -  ARRIVED TODAY AT 4:20 PM  - - (forecast was looking less than ideal for tomorrow and Wednesday)

If anyone needs anything from this location, just give me a call.  Or wants to meet for a meal or whatever .... 

I have checked into the Holiday Inn with the airport IMG_6711-3.JPGcrew car (which I need to return tomorrow morning).

Nelson  210-834-1991

Unclerap said
Nelson Amen said

Michael,

Jeff has the list.  Probably a good call not to post it here on the BAC site.

Nelson

Is there something about the site that makes posting the list unsecure? 

Nothing at all.  The problem was that Jeff ran out of time to do this minor task before leaving on Saturday and flying four days over a holiday weekend in Canada to get to Tullahoma. Come to BACFest and meet your friends when you get here. You might be surprised who shows up…..or not. 

In addition to Steffi and Fast Fred (RV camping), we are attempting to have a geographically "balanced" fly-in here.  Excellent!

One Texan and two Canadian aircraft (Jeff, Leili & Peter).  Hoping for others to arrive soon !!

trumpet

IMG_6713-2.JPG

Based on all the data collected, Brad Mitchell compiled the final numbers for BACFest 2021 in Tullahoma, augmented with some behind the scenes numbers from yours truly. 

People

86 - Total Registrations

18 - Cancellations- 9 members, 9 guests

68 - Event Registrations

9 - No Shows

59 – Total Attendance

34 – Members

25 – Spouses/Guests

There were 6 members attending their first BACFest!

1 member has attended all 15 BACFests (Brad Mitchell) and 4 members have only missed one BACFest (Steve Cote, Mark Gooderum, Rick Koch, Bob Schmidt)

Airplanes

19 – Total BAC Airplanes

13 – Retracts

6 – Fixed Gear

Retracts more than doubled the number of fixed gear planes.  This is only the 3[sup]rd[/sup] BACFest that retracts outnumbered fixed gear.

Events

3 lunches

3 dinners

1 wine tasting

1 winery 

3 distilleries

1 awards banquet

4 seminars - maintenance-rigging, safety-owner maintenance, flying companion-Beech Babes, formation flying 101

1 Annual General Meeting

1 Announcement of Division Membership in the Beechcraft Heritage Museum

A museum tour, meeting new people, meeting old friends and a whole bunch of aviation fun!

Thanks one and all for another fantastic event.

Back