First european BAC Fly-In in Germany

peschi

Level Cruise
We did it! On July 9th we tried to bring owners of our planes together for the first Fly-In. We called it a "European" Fly-In because there are not so many planes around and the "next" country is not far away. We picked EDFB (Reichelsheim) for the meeting because there are already 5! planes stationed, 2 Sierras, 2 Musketeers and a Sundowner.

I have my Sierra based in Egelsbach, a 20 minutes ride away but I decided to drive by car because I have problems to start the engine presently, shop is working on it. One owner was flying in from Hannover so we can still call it a Fly-In! :-)

Although it was my idea to organize the first Fly-In here, I had help to make it happen.

Peter-Rickmer-Juergen-Elke.JPG

Rickmer brought his camping equipment, Juergen took care of the cooler for beverages and my better half Elke did the catering after her visit at the next supermarket and bakery. We could offer fresh made sandwiches, fruits, snacks and bakery goods on our buffet.

lunch-buffet.JPG

Our only "real" Fly-In guest was Bernd from Hannover with his Sierra, he joined us for some talk and lunch here.

Peter-Bernd-Rickmer-Juergen-Elke.JPG

Later on Rickmers wife Kathrin and some other owners from the field joined us and we took a picture with all of us.

Kathrin-Ludger-Rainer-Bernd-Juergen-Peter-Elke-Rickmer.jpg

Although it was not a real European event we call it a success. 3 of the visitors promised to join the BeechAeroClub now and that was part of the goal. The others are members anyway. And I now have a little contact list of the Beeches around.

Next year we plan for a bigger 2-days-event with an overnight in the hotel directly on the airfield of Breitscheid EDGB. Details will follow! I have set up an eMail for future use:

BACDeutschland@gmail.com

so let us know if you want to join us!

Hope to see you in California!

Very Nice, Thanks for Sharing... Glad it was such a success, and adding new members to the group as well... What more could you ask for. Job well done!

Peter, great plan and execution.  It sounds like it was a fun day with new friends and good food.  Can’t beat that.

That was a fantastic endeavor!  Congratulations on a successful BAC event.  Good friends, good food; that's the best.

Bob

Can you give me a list of the attendees, what their home base is and did they fly or drive. Even if they weren't members, if they join, I will credit them with President's Trophy points. It would be great to have some more points earners in the International Division!

What a great first event!  Congratulations Peter and Elke on organizing the first International Region, European Fly-in.  You have represented the Beech Aero Club well as the truly International Type Club that it is.  I look forward to welcoming the new members that you have encouraged to join and I look forward to seeing your plans for your next event.  Who knows, maybe I will fly over to Germany to attend (not in my Sierra though).  It's been 36 years since I lived in Germany and I think it is time to go BAC for a visit.

I also want to acknowledge those who attended.  Hopefully those who are not members yet will join us and benefit from the great opportunities that the Beech Aero Club has to offer them. One of the opportunities that result from these fly-ins is that those that don't know about us attend and through their interaction with our members they feel welcomed in our group.  It is certainly one of my goals to welcome all who fly our aircrafts to join us and experience the fun that we have when we all get together.  Great job!

Alan White said
Can you give me a list of the attendees, what their home base is and did they fly or drive. Even if they weren't members, if they join, I will credit them with President's Trophy points. It would be great to have some more points earners in the International Division!

Sure, this is a screenshot of all owners in Germany I'm aware of.

Not all attended but here is a list of the attendees:

Bernd, Jürgen, Ludger, myself, Rainer and Rickmer.

See the attendees in the name of the picture above.Screenshot-2022-07-14-201129.jpg

peschi said
Alan White said

See the attendees in the name of the picture above.Screenshot-2022-07-14-201129.jpg

Did everyone fly or did some drive? I'm calculating President's Trophy Points for everyone.

peschi said
Alan White said

Plus, I can't read the screenshot.

Here are the names from the Screen Shot to save time:

Bernd Specht
Bert Drummer
Jan Brosowski
Jurgen Hinickel
Ludger Gnau
Peter Schirrmeister
Rainer Putz
Rickmer Rover

Back