BAC will be @ booth 111 in the big tent @ the Arlington 2010 Fly in!

ThomSmith

Flight Levels
BACArlingtonHeader.jpg

The 2010 Arlington Airshow and Fly-In is going to be July 7th-11th this year.

PLEASE use this thread to volunteer, or for general input!

We Still need volunteers!
(Leave a reply below)

2010 Official FAA-provided NOTAM for Arlington

2010 Approach Photos from NOTAM
Fly-In Safety Resource[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica](Courtesy of The AOPA Air Safety Foundation)[/FONT][/FONT]

The 25 page Arlington EAA Fly-in NOTAM
for 2010 contains complete details as to approach procedures, VFR & IFR arrivals, Diagrams, Photos & more. It is a MUST READ for all who plan on attending. They have their own ATC and arrival special procedures need to be followed by all!

More helpful info:
Seattle AFSS:
1-800-WX-BRIEF ( 206-767-2726 )
122.15 (Bellingham RCO)
122.3 (Mt Consitution RCO)
122.4 (Arlington onsite FSS)

The fly in at Arlington is Just about a week away!, and the staff has agreed to give us the same deal as last year! This would mean more great exposure for BAC! The executive committee has OK'd the registration fee (reduced again for us) and so now... the planning has to commence quickly, since the administration at Arlington want to be able to put the BAC info on their website! This would be GREAT publicity for BAC, and so we are putting out a preliminary call for volunteers to man the tables.

We need to know as soon as possible anyone who would be willing to help out. Free admission will be provided for all table volunteers. In the past, we have asked for a two hour shift from as many as possible, as often as possible. Last year is seemed we had an overflow of help.... but that's what BAC is all about! Comraderie!

It is a five day event that requires our booth to be manned Wed 7/7 through Sat 7/10 from 9am to 5pm and on Sunday 7/11 from 9 to 3. So lots of help is needed.
PLEASE, help us out...... this will no doubt go a long way in promoting our great club.

So far we haveWednesday July 7th
  • 9-11....Thom Smith
  • 11-1....Mark Johnson
  • 1-3......Mark Hoskins
  • 3-5......Jack Becker
Thursday July 8th
  • 9-11......Mark Johnson
  • 11-1......John Radysh
  • 1-3........ Marty Vanover
  • 3-5........Mark Hoskins
Friday July 9th
  • 9-11.......Thom Smith
  • 11-1....... John Radysh
  • 1-3..........Marty Vanover
  • [highlight]3-5.......................[/highlight]

Saturday July 10th
  • 9-11........Thom Smith
  • 11-1........Marty Vanover
  • [highlight]1-3.......................[/highlight]
  • [highlight]3-5.......................[/highlight]
Sunday July 11th
  • 9-11......Thom Smith
  • 11-1......Marty Vanover
  • 1-3.......Mark Hoskins

Email Thom Smith here if you would like to volunteer!

Times that are scheduled (above) can be changed around to accommodate anyone that wishes to volunteer.
It would be better if we could spread the joy, so to speak, but we have to have commitments in order to make this happen.

Camping is FREE under the wing of your planeIMG_1404.jpg
This should be a lot of fun, like last year, and another great event for the Beech Aero Club!! And camping under the wing of your plane is FREE

IMG_1415.jpg
We are wondering what sort of eats we want to reserve.
(For more pics of the fun we had at Arlington 2009, click here)

I personally love the service/quality and overall experience of the Skagit River Brewery in Mt Vernon. Besides some great beer brewed on site, the food is A-1. Atmosphere is really great too. It's a local hangout, so the prices are not that bad.
And a couple of suggestions by Marty (last year):
Bistro San Martin Website
Mirkwood & Shire Cafe Website
Input from everyone is welcome! How far do we want to drive? What sort of cuisine?

Hope to see as many as possible this year!

Here is a response from the staff at Arlington regarding questions about approach procedures as depicted in the Notam (from last year)

Arlington's clarification on the arrival procedures:(from last year)
Hi Thom,

Lets take the NOTAM question first. You do not have to fly the green line on page nine. You may fly direct to Green Valley on Friday and Saturday arrivals. All other days you can fly direct to Arlington.
The majority of our arrivals come from the south up the west side so we put a suggested route for those. Any one can fly direct to Green Valley, be aware that we know traffic can be heavy on the routes depicted in the NOTAM.
Regarding the passes, if I understand your question correctly you will receive five weekly admission tickets with your vendor booth. There is no charge for camping UNDER the wing of an airplane, but there is a charge for camping in the RV/Tent campground and that is not covered in your booth fee.
We look forward to having you at Arlington this year and anything we can do to assist you please don't hesitate to ask.
For your pilots who will be flying in and camping under the wing we will have "grill stations" available in the aircraft parking areas for them to cook on. This will eliminate the need to bring the 'grill' as part of the camping packing. Hopefully save them some weight to take home goodies they may find here.
Take care,

Barbara Tolbert
Executive Director
Arlington Fly-In

Last edited:
Hi Thom. Judy and I don't mind where we go for dinner . We had fun where we went last year , maybe sea food if that's OK , just to sit down and see everyone with a beer is fine for me.

John R.

Last edited:
Arlington is fast approaching, and we still need some volunteers.

I would also like to start compiling a list of possible attendees, along with mode of transportation, guests and so on. That way I can better plan on the dinner and try to make everyone happy! It would also help me get a jump on the PT points form, so jump in and let your voice be heard!

As Arlington approaches (17 days), some details still need finishing up... Like how many volunteers would like a free pass, where/what we want to have for eats for the BAC dinner and any last call to volunteer that may still be out there.

And Also, Marty V and I are planning to fly a formation flight from here (KLGD) sometime on the 6th, and if any would like the experience of formation flight, we would love to make it a little bigger. Could be a nice photo op if we could line a few more up.

Marty is planning to leave the Phoenix area on the 5th and stay over here at my place so we could depart at whatever time we felt was needed. So there is also opportunity for someone to hook up with him on the flight to LaGrande as well.
IMG_1480.jpg
pencil.png

Let us know her in the forum thread and we will make it happen even if this schedule isn't set in stone.

C'mon everyone planning to attend, it's time to tally up!

Where do we want to eat, who all's coming an when, as well as what for of transportation (for the PT points record)

Weather is looking good at this point!

Thom,

I'll be staying with my old flying buddy. I will also get the green GMC monster to drive around and act as a chauffeur. So, get me a vehicle pass. For any one that needs ground transportation to the airport or wherever, call my cell and we can hook up at Arlington.

Marty Vanover
Phoenix, Az.
Cell: (480) 882-8750

Thom.... Dawn and I will definitley be there! I hope the weather shapes-up in the next few weeks. It's been a strange year and no warm dry weather at all. The grass WILL be green this year!! We'll have to think about some close by places to eat.

Mark Hoskins

Mark,

I lived there for 12 years, that isn't green grass you're looking at,..... it's moss.

Marty Vanover
Phoenix, Az.

Thom, I won't be able to volunteer on Wednesday and Thursday at Arlington. I am sorry to report that my Sundowner's engine is still in pieces and I am going to be in Phoenix until after Arlington. Apparently there are problems in the supply chain for minor, but critical parts for Lycoming engines such as mine. Next year for sure. Mark Johnson 73 Sundowner KGEU

Tom, I planned to attend but, I haven't finished the check out in the new plane and my instructor is with his church group camping this week. I'll see if I can talk him into a long cross country when he returns.-Bob

Mark,

Wanna fly up with me? I'll leave on the 5th and return on the 12th.

Marty Vanover
Phoenix, Az.

Thom,
Just wanted to confirm that my wife Robin and I will be there Wednesday and will cover the late shift at the booth. Also I have a question about aircraft parking. The Arlington NOTAM says that you should have a sign in the window indicating the type of parking you want. If we are all together do we use the code EXH for exhibitor or GAO for general overnight?
Thanks,
Jack Becker

Jack,

Last year I printed the GAO sign (off of the Arlington website), but there is still a need to go up to the registration trailer to officially check in. I think the signs (GAO, EXH, etc) are more for the Friday, Saturday arrivals when the parking is controlled by marshalls. We just taxied over to the area un attended on Tuesday. Also, if you have not aleady deciphered the Notam, there is no need to follow any procedures other than normal non-towered field operations if you are flying in Tues, Wed, and I think Thursday.

Marty and I (at least) will be there on Tuesday, and will be looking for any of our brethren coming in.

See you in Arlington!

Thom,
Since there will be someone to sit around and talk "planes" with Robin and I will probably arrive Tuesday evening. I expect we'll get in about 8pm or so.

So far the long range weather forecasts look great. See you there.
Jack

Great
Look for us in the tent (hangin out - setting up), or get my cell # off of my profile to stay in touch.

Lets throw some ideas out there, guys and gals, for where we want to have the BAC dinner. Or at least what kind of food/drink/venue.

Weather forecast to be FANTASTIC!

I was just checking the long range weather forecast, and it looks like summer will arrive (finally!) just in time for the start of the Arlington Fly In. Dawn and I will be there, but no camping next to our plane this year :( ..... long story, but our plane is without an engine at the moment, looks sad sitting in the hanger with nothing out front. So maybe one of you guys will let us camp next to your's??

Thom, give us a call when you arrive, maybe we'll stop down there Tuesday night.

Mark Hoskins

Will do Mark, Looking forward to seeing you and Dawn again, and I am sorry but the Baluga lives on! The only motel I could find was way north in Mt Vernon, not that nice of a place and still quite expensive. I thought about camping, but the weather just is too much for me to worry about. So I will be spending a lot more time driving this year than last.

I'll call when I get there, I gotta hear more about the engine dilema!

But I guess you could camp next to my plane if you want! (unless you are whale-a-phobic)

Thom, I think Dawn and I can put-up with the Baluga....... Dawn loves whales :) At least you have an airplane with an engine!

The weather forecast is calling for clear skies and highs in the mid to upper 80's. The long range forecast doesn't include Sunday on, so hard to say..... remember last year! That's a pain to have such a long drive...... I think I would go for the camping! You could always camp-out at our place if you had to.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Mark

Back