Across the USA - A Relay Fly-in

OK Fred!

That's a start to your planning for "BACWAYS".
1) New England route
2)?

What's your plan for the rest of the USA and don't forget Canada.
We are all counting on you.

This is an awesome idea!!

How about an "official" BAC artifact that is carried around?

What if the journey covered every state that has a member willing to do this?

How about the starting or ending point be the wright brothers memorial at kitty hawk?

Could this be a promotion of the club and baby beach?

So we need some guidelines
1-are we going to be carrying an item from plane to plane
2- are we looking to cover , at a minimum, all 48 lower states
3-or several planes flying different routes with several legs meeting in one central location
And or to include all of Canada or just a part and or Alaska also
Just need answers to get ball rolling

As in TC’s above post re BAC Airways
Maybe several starting points meeting in central US location

If several routes (BAC Airways) central meeting point would be Salinas, Kansas

If one plane idea final stop could be anywhere
Same with starting point

Ok
If one plane relay/Baton BAC Route
Covering all states, several planes and pilots along the way
Here is a route and an ending point

Starting point Miami or somewhere in South Fl-ga-al-ms-la-tx-n mex-Ar-ca-Nevada-Utah-Co-Kansas-Ok-Ar-Tn-SC-wVa-Kentucky-Missouri-Nebraska-Wy-Idaho-Oregon-Washington-Montana-n Dakota-s Dakota-Minnesota-Iowa-Wisconsin-Illinois-Indiana-Michigan-Ohio-Pennsylvania-new York-Vermont-N H-Maine-Ma-conn-Maryland-Delaware-va -NC First Flight Kitty Hawk

ps Alaskan pilot could meet Canadian pilot who could then meet flight at several different locations along northern borders of US (Washington,Montana,N Dakota,, Minnesota,NY, Vermont or Maine as a few choices

Above allows maximum coverage of lower 48 states, maximum miles to be flown and hopefully maximum chance of a lot a pilots and planes participating in
Would allow a lot of pilot neverous of getting to far from home but still be able to join in
I would expect avg one way distance in most areas to be less than 200 nm
Overall probably 10,000 miles to be flown not counting Canada and Alaska pilots portions

Who be a great publicity accomplishment for the club and I’m sure members could get local coverage of event with not to much effort especially if we are going to do as a toy run for kids

How about one of you retired Jarheads getting with Their Toys for Tots
They will publish and you have Cape Lejuene and Cherry Point both in NC to hand off to

I'm in! So far we have AZ, CO, FL(2), GA(2), IN, MA, NJ, NC, TX and VA(2) {and Australia}
I suggest we get the RD's to begin recruiting (at least 1 per state) and then have one person in charge to put together legs. If everyone is attempting to do it, it will turn into a mess.

I like the idea of someone (Mr. Jones?) starting it out in Kitty Hawk and go up and down the country working east to west and ending somewhere appropriate on the west coast (San Diego, Catalina Island, Seattle?)

What about putting the legs on a system like our calendar and let folks sign up and select their legs. First signups get the best routes. Instead of bulk, why not have each member that flys throw 10 bucks into a BAC Logo’d bag (More if you can get sponsors) and give the funds to a designated charity. (Other than the last Pilot)

Bob,
That’s a great idea. It beats the need for a King Air, and allows those that can’t physically participate to still be included. Great suggestion.

We could probably add something like a GoFundMe page for external people to add support to the idea.

Last edited:
A bag of cash flying around America with press coverage? Somebody is going to have to ride shotgun.

We need to pick a start date
Most likely from south Florida or as long as in Florida

I can take all or part ( several members in Ga so no issues with sharing so more can participate) of Georgia to an Alabama handoff !!

***Depending on WX probably 3-4 weeks to smoothly covering all states***

Do we want to send a go pro To hand off from plane to plane
Then get someone that’s capable to edit and keep for future BACFEST’s

Back