Sun n Fun 2024

wjknight

Administrator
Staff member
Starting a new thread for the posting and discussion of Sun n Fun 2024.
Regional Director Mike Harding is the member in charge of organizing our BAC group and our participation in the Sun n Fun 2024 event. I'm sure he will chime in with details soon.

Good day all my BAC friends, I am fresh back from the third organizational SNF meeting with all those that put on this great event. As Jeff stated yes I have some new details. In general we will have the same location as last year, I know there was a lot of bad feelings about all that last year but we have made a lot of improvements. First, this is the first year I am the SNF Type Tent Chairman, which means I get to make some of the decisions. We will have a dedicated golf cart this year, we will have a tram stop on the Taxiway adjacent to our tent, the traditional offsite Thursday evening dinner will be in the tent this year, I have permission from the ground ops manager to park as many airplanes at our tent as we can get in, now that means first in stays the longest, I will be posting more about that in the near future (if you plan to fly in and you want to bring your plane to the tent please let me know as early as possible so I can give a count to the ops manager), Tuesday night (Opening Night) is the Trace Adkins concert on the warbird ramp right outside our front door. So yes more to come.

Attachments

• 2024 Sun N Fun.jpg
    2024 Sun N Fun.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 8
This thread is pretty calm, where are all the entries from the fellows attending?
Anyway, I will fly into Tampa and stay in the East of Tampa the whole week, arriving on Monday 8. and fly out on Monday 15. again.
Hope to meet many of you guys there...
Looking forward,
Peter

Thanks for doing such a great job of organizing. I won’t be able to attend this year, but Donovan, who is a new member and new Mouse owner will be there and I am sure he will stop in.

Last edited:
I won't either. Guy who was supposed to arrange lodging bailed.

It was great last year, and this year will be even greater since it's the 50th.

I will be there on Thursday. Hoping the weather will clear up so I can fly out. If not, I will be driving down on Wednesday after work and getting a hotel within a couple of hours!

I arrived finally after a series of delays and cancellations on Air Canada. Bob Prange is inbound from Virginia in his Musketeer and should be here later today. Peter Peschi is on his way from Germany and I’m hoping to see him tomorrow. We truly are an International Club! Will post more once I catch up with Mike Harding today and get a lay of the land. Time on RECCE is seldom wasted….. Looking forward to meeting all the members who come to Sun n Fun!

I arrived finally after a series of delays and cancellations on Air Canada. Bob Prange is inbound from Virginia in his Musketeer and should be here later today. Peter Peschi is on his way from Germany and I’m hoping to see him tomorrow. We truly are an International Club! Will post more once I catch up with Mike Harding today and get a lay of the land. Time on RECCE is seldom wasted….. Looking forward to meeting all the members who come to Sun n Fun!
Jeff is right, I just checked in in Tampa Brandon. CU tomorrow!
Peter

I'm planning to be there Thu, possibly Wed. Is there a sign-up for the Thu dinner?

Driving over; I dropped off my mouse at the KBOW paint shop this morning. But it should be looking good to show off next year!

The boss and I arm wrestled and I won! So, weather permitting, I will be airborne tomorrow afternoon and at the field on Wednesday thru Saturday!

Ok, I found it myself:
Just east of threshold RWY 5 on TWY E where it says on the map: 1 HQ Aerobatics.
CU

Back