Rough River State Park (KY) Fly-In, 2I3, Saturday, August 17

bmitchell

Flight Levels
Time for the annual rally around the buffet at the park lodge at Rough River State Park in Kentucky. The identifier is 2I3 (2-India-3). Plan to arrive by 11:30 Central Time and we'll make the short, 10 minute walk down to the lodge for lunch. Call me if you have any questions. The rain date will be Sunday, August 18, 11:30am.
Brad Mitchell
859-707-6039

Last edited:
We have 31 BAC members within a 200 mile radius of 2I3. I've sent each of you an invitation to join us on Saturday the 17th. Hope to see you there.

There are also 35 former members within that same radius, so I invited them, too. Now if the weather will only cooperate!

I have talked to a few others that plan to attend. Looks like the rain will hold off. Ann and I came down this afternoon. The runway is in great shape and the food at the lodge has been superb.

Well if ever the weatherman missed a forecast, this is it! Rain started here about 3am and has been a constant light rain. Good thing is, it's not far from over, looking at radar. By 11:30 Central time it should be clear. We will push back arrival time at 2I3 to noon, Central, and head down to the lodge about 12:15. All is not lost!

By noon the sky had cleared but rain still loomed to both the northeast and northwest. John Redmon made it by car so the 3 of us enjoyed lunch then walked down to the lake to watch boats cruise around and a canoe paddle by. Maybe next time the weather will fully cooperate.

Back