Long Island Fly In Lunch Sunday Oct 13th 12 noon ET

I'll vote for landing on the ice runway in February.
Before that, how about a turkey farm at Thanksgiving or a tree farm at Christmas?
My birthday is in January so I'm sure you'll take me somewhere.

Members who made the trip in the challenging winds.

Robert Kittine JPX
Bob Palmyra MJX
Vito Gasso FRG
Tom Corcoran 1B9
Ken Cook LZD
Warren Hoffman FRG
Robert Staab FWN

Thanks for coming out to socialize and chat about the Baby Beeches.

Last edited:
I am always up for block island. The cafe stays open in the winter but is not super large inside. Only one restaurant in town ope. After 10/15.

I still need to try Mansfield and see Tom on his turf.

Martha’s Vineyard is great for me too as is Nantucket.

Westerly is getting a new restaurant but it won’t be open until next Spring. The FBO at Westerly, Dooney has a nice operation where I am sure we could have a lunch if we bring our own food like we did at Montauk. Fuel is reasonable, $6.50 and they pump it for you.

Going West there is a dinner at Sussex that has already said they would give us also me special pricing.

Last edited:
KMVY is absolutely lovely - KACK only a little less so - in both places, with a little planning, either the FBO or a local van for a small fee could bring the group to/from a nice place in town for a lunch et al.......... which is a fabulous spot to hang -

the arrival to either island is stunning -- a favored destination when I'm taking family for an outing.

On MVY the bus is still very inexpensive. Uber for up to 6 passengers - $60.00. Had lunch recently at this place. Super Lobster Roll.

Attachments

• IMG_9941.jpeg
    IMG_9941.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back