KLUX (Former 34A) 2010 Hop-In On Saturday March 27

Rellihan

Touring the Galaxy
The annual Hop-In (Easter Fly-In) is coming up at KLUX! March 27 is this coming Saturday! We had a great time and great turn-out for the Christmas Party last December. Lots of folks doing little fix-up items on their planes, along with all the flying lies being told.

We'll be out there cooking on the grill as usual. Monty and I will both be helping members with minor repairs and fix-ups. Free to all members and their guests! So come have a good time! Again!!

If the weather is bad but you are within easy driving range, hop in anyway; we'll run down the road for some Hickory Hill BBQ or similar.

As I said in my e-mail, I'm getting my taildragger endorsement in Hendersonville this weekend. If the weather holds I'll make the short hop over to you from 0A7 while my CFI is doing his course on Saturday, if weather kills that, we're still forecast for a decent Saturday, so I'll be up to visit.

..Joe

Another excellent day at KLUX! My home shop had been ignoring my request for a new landing light (How many A&Ps does it take to screw in a lightbulb?...) for three weeks, but at KLUX, it's a done deal. Even with cutting off my rusted screws (maybe that's why they didn't want to do it...) Thanks Mike! And thanks for the good eats again as well. Large group at lunch. 16? The flying stories were flying.

Got there late because we had to wait for the weather and then scud run out of Savannah, but it was great to put some faces to the names. Never saw that many Musketeers/Sundowners/Sierras in one place before.

..Joe

How SPECIAL::::My first "Hop-In" KLUX. Good Food - Good Fellowship :: New Friends.
Thank you Mike and Monty.

Wish you well.

Bill Howard

Great time!!! Thanks again to the entire crew at KLUX. We had a great flight up Sat morning after popping thru solid overcast in South Georgia. We departed KLUX a little early as I had another member with me for his first visit to KLUX and had a furture pilot (17 year old) with me. We had an bumpy ride home with a few minutes in IMC getting back into KFZG with crosswinds and gust. All in all...a fantastic day!!!!!!! 4.1 hours on the hobbs and 32.23 gals to fill the tanks back to the necks. Can't beat it :) Probably the best part of the day...I attended a fly-in at KLUX (actually got there without a problem) without turning one nut, bolt, screw, wrench, or spend at dime on a part. Just parked on the ramp and enjoyed the day...loaded up and returned home. SWEEEEEEETTT !!!!!!!!

Mike, Larry last here from Oshkosh, WI. Trying to figure out how to contact you. Need a few parts for my Sundowner and you have them. Please call at 920-231-5044 or get me your number so I can call you. Thanks look forward to it. Larry

Back