TEXAS BBQ TIME !!! Saturday Nov. 4, 2017 - 8-T-8 Nelson's hangar in San Antonio

Ceilings are okay here (1800) and San Marcos then deteriorating south to San Antonio which IFR at 700-800. Good news is nobody away from the coast is showing mist in current conditions. The KSKF TAF shows some lifting about 11 and the more real lifting noon-3p. We've got about an hour flying time so we'll have to make the call in the 10a-11a range. If we see some signs of early lifting we'll take a shot, otherwise we'll probably have kick to next weekend as well.

I'll post again here either way and let folks know.
-=-
Mark

Got a bit of a delay here. Someone broke a seat and decided to say something prior to us leaving the gate.

Nelson right now it looks like a 10 to 15 min delay to,declare the seat into but if you need to get going don't wait for me, I can always grab a car.

Ceilings have actually gotten a little worse the last hour so we’re going to have to scratch for today as well. We’ll try next weekend too if we’re on.
-=-
Mark

thanks for letting us know - - good call

Even my dog will be staying home today ! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5599a.jpg
    IMG_5599a.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2148a.jpg
    IMG_2148a.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 19
well, I don't like seeing people cancel an event BUT.... My plane should be back in the air this week, so I should be able to join you next week :-)

DD

Here is your pirep.

Overcast starts just south of Killen. Overcast at 5.2, base at 4. Overcast at 3, broke out at 1300.

Hopefully you all enjoyed the BBQ!

In order not to disappoint my wife, around 3 pm when it finally became VFR, we flew into KLBX, only 30miles east from KBYY where there is a nice restaurnt in the field “The Runway Cafe” with good Burgers and seafood!

In order not to disappoint my wife, around 3 pm when it finally became VFR, we flew into KLBX, only 30miles east from KBYY where there is a nice restaurnt in the field “The Runway Cafe” with good Burgers and seafood!

Nelson, myself, and a couple of his neighbors enjoyed a great tasting BBQ. It's a nice place he has there and plenty of projects to keep him busy for a least a few years.

Nelson, thanks for the hospitality!

We had Jay fly into SAT international (AA) and 3 airport neighbors also joined in (but I left the dog at home).

SEE YOU ALL NEXT SATURDAY - - and hoping for some better flying weather.

Attachments

• IMG_6079a_1.jpg
    IMG_6079a_1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6081a_1.jpg
    IMG_6081a_1.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 19

Next time you go to KLBX, Arturo, take the crew car into Lake Jackson and try The Local for lunch. It's at 120 That Way in the center of town. Click here for their website. The Jefferson is one of their signature sandwiches, and their bakery also has yummy treats daily!

CB

Back