THIS WEEKEND is BAC DAY

corcoran

Orbiting Earth
"How many planes can we get in the air on the same weekend?

FINAL REPORT IS IN -AGAIN!

Last edited:
I became aware after my recent flights when my son told me he tracked me on Flightaware. Now that we have ADS-B every flight I make is tracked. It would be fun if someone with computer skills could superimpose all flight tracks for BAC Day on one national map.

Assuming the smoke doesn't kill VFR conditions here, I should be flying Friday, Saturday, and potentially Sunday. First flights in almost a month! Finally got the house ready to list. Photos have been taken. I have free time again!

This weekend would be a good time to try SKYWRITING "BAC".
This weekend would be a good time to do the "THREE STATE CHALLENGE".
This weekend would be a good time to FLY THE "HUDSON RIVER EXCLUSION".
This weekend would be a good time to find an "ISLAND" to land on.
This weekend would be a good time to get up in the pattern and make one good landing.

As for superimposing all our tracks on one map... this is a global event. That's a big map!

Last edited:
Well, the smoke is not cooperating. I’d say one mile visibility is optimistic, though the last time I checked, the airport was reporting 5 NM. Either way, outside my comfort zone.

Hopefully soon I’ll have time to work on my instrument rating.

Also, hopefully this smoke clears a bit in the next few days. I’m supposed to be heading to FL early next week.

Headed to Palm Beach International in the morning will add my flight to the roster. N 6976Q

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Didn’t fly this morning, low ceilings, but went out and cleaned her wings and windshield
Hopefully nicer morning tomorrow!!

Hopefully, if the vfr gods cooperate, we have a 6 hour round-trip to Ocracoke planned for the 22nd.

KRWI Rocky Mount-Wilson Regional is a good stop before heading out to the island.

Made the same trip in May. 2.5 hours from the NC mountains

For BAC Day 8/22/20 Sundowner N5162M flew R/T from Mansfield, Massachusetts to Sterling, Massachusetts to watch the gliders take off and land.

1939 L Sierra from Connecticut(Danielson)went to Massachusetts (southbribge) for
Breakfast came back via around Providence and the Rhode Island coastline back home to Connecticut 1.5

N1958L flew for the first time in weeks (electrical)!
Got to the New Hampshire line and realized I had TWO altimeters and NO airspeed indicator. It’s fascinating to climb an SD at 150 mph. But disconcerting to descend to “stall speed”. Cleanly a bug in the pitot.
Strongly Rx practice pattern work with a/s covered. Mine were two very ugly landings.
BUT I GOT FLYING!

I have yet to aviate but heading to airport in a few minutes,, well since I am not on the clock lets say decaminutes (which means a few ten's of minutes) but cloudy here,, in general that does not stop me.

Waiting for mid America/Canada reports, the Rocky's and Pacific coast.

How about Australia - Germany - United Kingdom - Israel - Mexico!

Event is open until sunrise local on Monday. Keep reporting.

N6976Q. WAS UP OVER FLORIDA
19335f8f7e11a55469a5f03b145d0791.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sierra N750TH from Pittsfield, ME (2B7) direct to Auburn-Lewiston (KLEW) and return along the Mid-coast over Port Clyde, Rockland, and Belfast. 1.8 Hrs.

Glenn

Back