Skyline Restaurant - Portsmouth, OH (KPMH) - Saturday - September 26, 2020

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Fly-in is officially cancelled for today Sunday Sept. 27th. Fly-in is officially cancelled for today. We will reschedule for tomorrow Sunday 9/27/20. Hopefully the weather will be better. Fly or drive to the Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport (KPMH) and join us at the Skyline Restaurant located on the field for lunch at 11:00am EDT. They have indoor dining only. We normally host this fly-in the first Saturday after Thanksgiving to see Santa. In recent years we have been weathered out. We will try this date and see if we can do any better.

https://www.facebook.com/Skyline-Fam...-346305094264/

Last edited:
John
My home airport KLZU is closed until Oct 8th for runway work
But they are ahead of schedule and possible the night open early
If so, I will be there
Fred

Looking forward to it, John. I plan to be there. It might be chilly like November, but surely not the 200 foot ceiling they had last November. Even Santa had to arrive by car, unlike past years!

Santa Arrives.jpgSanta Arrives2.jpg

Hey guys- as of today not going to happen
Trying to see if I can talk a friend into flying his plane up

The latest TAF for KPMH is showing IFR until mid-morning for KPMH. We will have to see what tomorrow morning brings.

Currently Portsmouth reporting 200 OVC and 1/4 mile. TAF looks better but that is coming out of KHTS. KHTS is 5,000 and 10 sm. They are 31 nm away.

Currently we have a weather delay this morning for the fly-in. Brad, Joe, and I are re-evaluating current and forecasted weather conditions to those playing along at home. Stayed tuned.

The Fly-in is officially cancelled for today. We will reschedule for tomorrow and hopefully the weather will be better.

Fly-in is officially cancelled for today Sunday Sept. 27th. We will reschedule for Nov. 28th. The first Saturday after Thanksgiving our traditional date for this fly-in. ​

KPMH is in the worst spot in the county for fog, usually doesn't burn off until close to noon. At 10:30 it still has 200 foot ceilings when only 15 miles away they are 5000+.

Back