Sikeston, MO (KSIK) - Lunch at Lambert's - Saturday, October 28, 2017

bmitchell

Flight Levels
CANCELLED - Hungry for another throwed roll? Join fellow BACers in Sikeston, MO (KSIK) on Saturday, October 28 for the ever popular lunch at Lambert's. Plan to arrive by 11:30 AM (Central time) and we'll call for the van at 11:45. Lunch will be at noon. Check the Event Calendar for contact details.

Last edited:
Really wish I was up flying for this one. It's one of my favorite places for an afternoon lunch. I miss the days of being taken thru the kitchen.

Brad, I am going to put it on our calendar. I came home from BACFest and tore the living room up to replace some windows and the front door. I better have it done before I go to a fly-in, but I plan on being there.

I will alert Lambert's that Tiny will be in town. They better start fixin' more rolls to throw our way!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Throwed Rolls.jpg
    Throwed Rolls.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 240
For now, the weatherman is calling for rain on Saturday. Let's hope he's wrong and we have clear skies. Will keep watch throughout the week.

Today the forecast is for the front to pass by earlier than expected. Maybe we can keep the option open for a mid afternoon lunch.

We are looking into coming up for this event. Deanna had the Mt View Bean Festival and Outhouse Races on our calendar, but Lambert's is apparently a higher priority... ;)

Although the front is forecast to be moved through Sikeston, unfortunately it's going to be right over Kentucky Saturday morning. Rain, snow flurries and low freezing levels are directly in my flight path. Unless things change, I will not be able to make the flight, so I'll need someone to pick up the lunch tab and submit it for reimbursement. By the way, Lambert's does not take credit cards, so it will require cash.

I hope the weather changes and I'm able to make it. Fortunately the weatherman has been wrong a few times.

Brad

I am free most of the saturdays between now and Xmas. so if the group wants to reschedule i am fine with it. As of now it looks like folks north and south west can make it in ok. East and southeast no so good.

We just got the airplane back today with an OH #2 cylinder (I'm behind on posting that story). W've got to get my hands on some Mineral Oil before I can plan for ~5+ hours of flying. As of right now I'm around the rest of the year and can and will try to make a reschedule. Candy's new job sometimes has weekend hours so availability for one versus both of us will be luck of the draw.
-=-
Mark

Weather is still not in my favor. Unless anyone objects, let’s cancel for tomorrow and we’ll try to reschedule before the end of the year.

Brad

Fine by me. I was just looking at the weather and it is not good for me either. Moderate icing in the forecast.

Back