Sikeston, MO (KSIK) - Lunch at Lambert's - Saturday, October 28, 2017

We just got the airplane back today with an OH #2 cylinder (I'm behind on posting that story). W've got to get my hands on some Mineral Oil before I can plan for ~5+ hours of flying. As of right now I'm around the rest of the year and can and will try to make a reschedule. Candy's new job sometimes has weekend hours so availability for one versus both of us will be luck of the draw.
-=-
Mark

KSAT -Geronimo- is only a short run from KAUS next weekend....

Last edited:
A reschedule works for me, I won't have to feel guilty about leaving for a fly-in with the living room 3/4 remodeled. I will hang drywall instead and maybe I'll have this project done before the new date.

Ditto here - and hopefully we'll see some of each other next weekend at Geronimo...and thankfully we're not coming from KAUS - KEDC is expensive enough. We'll see how long we're there - at two years now we've been here long enough we should start to pop up on one of the hangar wait lists.

I would miss the 10-15 minute airport run - but it would be worth it for a hangar. I'm not sure I could justify the $550 a month at KEDC if we came up there first. Taylor would only be about 5 minutes farther from the new house. Georgetown is a bigger airport but more like 25 minutes (and ~$3-$4 of tolls on top of gas each way).
-=-
Mark

Last edited:
Just a quick checkin. Any updates on a reschedule? We were bummed about missing Nelson's BBQ yesterday - although we got some needed car shopping done instead. Candy's Explorer was totalled last week (nobody hurt thankfully) by some lady worried more about getting her Egg McMuffin and coffee than paying attention to the right of way for opposing traffic :-( ).
-=-
Mark

Back