Pre BACFest "Throwed Rolls!" (KSIK)

drwhite

Orbiting Earth
Flying to BACFest from the east? Stop in at Sikeston, MO (KSIK) at 12:30 on Thursday, Sept 22 and join us for some "throwed rolls!" We will commandeer the van from Lambert's Restaurant and they will take us in the back door so we don't have to wait in line. Prepare yourself for some good home cooking served "family-style" and if you want one of their delicious homemade rolls, just raise your hand and they'll throw you one from across the room! This will be a Mid-Atlantic Region event so if you don't have one, I'll have Mid-Atlantic "Beech-Nut" T-Shirts to give away as long as supplies last! Who's In? Persinger and I will be hosting!

Wow! That is an awesome idea Alan! There is a Lambert's in Ozark, Missouri too, which is just up the road from Branson by about 30 minute drive... There used to be an Ozark airport that was just across the highway from the restaurant but that got shutdown about 9 years ago.... Enjoy Sikeston!

Excellent idea Alan! I had been contemplating making that as a stop along the way. Depending on weather, there's a chance I may arrive in Branson on Wednesday, but if I stick with my original plan, I may see you Thursday in Sikeston.

Brad
attachment.php

Attachments

• Throwed Rolls.jpg
    Throwed Rolls.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 188
I plan on arriving in Branson on Tuesday. But for Lambert's I will back track and fly over Thursday and join you.

I am in !! Until I saw it is a 261 mile drive one-way. Shucks ....

Ok ..... looking for an empty airplane seat at Branson on Thursday late morning ...... with credit card handy .....

Did you ever notice that every time Brad Mitchell puts a post on this site it always involves food or beverage?

Friends, Flying and Food...........my favorite F words. TC, maybe you recall this photo from Dayton in 2005. I think you, Cloyd, Oz and I toasted the first half-national BAC event!

attachment.php

Attachments

• BAC East 2005.jpg
    BAC East 2005.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 112
As a reminder, in the past Lambert's has not accepted credit cards. Not sure if that policy has changed, but bring cash to be safe! Most meals are in the $10-$15 range.

Lambert's DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Cash or Check ONLY!!!!! Lambert's is also all-you-can-eat. If you order the rib-eye steak and you finish it, you may request a second rib-eye, however absolutely no "doggie bags" allowed... Don't be wasteful or a piggy...LOL... They have pass-arounds that will fill you up along with dinner. Pass-arounds are food items like fried potatoes, okra, and many other similar things. As mentioned, they will throw rolls at you when you ask for one.

Back