Oct/Nov Mid-Atlantic fly-in requests (museum/lunch/golf/?)

JOHNNYXRAY

Orbiting Earth
THE MID ATLANTIC CALENDAR IS CURRENTLY EMPTY. WE NEED IDEAS. ONE IS SKY BRYCE IN VA. A RESORT WITH GOLF COURSE, RESTAURANT, HIKING AND TIME SHARE RENTALS. WE COULD FLY IN ON SATURDAY ,MAKE UP SOME TEAMS PLAY GOLF,EAT LUNCH AND HEAD OUT OR STAY OVERNIGHT AND LEAVE THE NEXT DAY. WE CAN PROBABLY GET SOME GOOD RATES ON GOLF, OVERNIGHT LODGING . http://www.airnav.com/airport/VG18/BRYCE_RESORT#c www.bryceresort.com .ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME. WVA, VA,NC, PA ,MD OHIO THANKS JOHN

NOTE : NO FUEL AVAILABLE AT BRYCE AND NO NIGHT OPERATIONS.

Why don't you guys fly over and meet me for breakfast at Sedona? We could watch the sunrise over the red cliffs if you can arrive early enough. If you can't arrive that early, sunset is pretty too. I think there is golf locally for those that indulge.

Yeah, and on your way you could stop about half way at Bald Knob and we can watch a sun rise over the Air Tractor on the east end of the field...

Think of the PT points you all will get!

John, that sounds interesting, but I did see this when I looked at their website:
[h=2]THE BRYCE RESORT AIRPORT WILL BE CLOSED STARTING TUESDAY, 10/8/2013 AND WILL REOPEN MONDAY, 10/14/2013 DUE TO AN EVENT TAKING PLACE ON AIRPORT PROPERTY.[/h]Unless you are the one that scheduled the event, I'd avoid this weekend! :)

Thanks Brad , I am just trying to get the ideas going. I also see that if you stay overnight (local hotel) at the Latrobe pa (Arnold Palmer ) they have a special deal to play at Arnold Palmers course. The restaurant on that field has a dinner special and shuttle package to see some plays in Pittsburg also.

Jay, Bald knob sounds like a Fun time. Hopefully I can fly out that way sometime.

Marty, Sedona is an amazing airport. My daughter and I flew around in a Bi-plane a long time ago there. One of my best friends bought land and started building a home there for retirement . Unfortunately he passed on and didn't get to finish his plans. I will have the cozies out for you with the shirts though.

Last edited:
you are talking about having cozies and shirts available. Come hang out with me and I'll give you the shirt off my back. Just call ahead so I can put on 2 shirts!

Don't forget Delaware!!

We will be moving our motor home north from the beach around 10/19 then off to the Boston area first weekend in November. We will be watching the schedule for activities. Trying to plan Singer Island for thanksgiving week. Busy busy....

Nothing wrong with a cruise along skyline drive in Virginia during fall color season. Easy to meet for breakfast at KCHO charlottesville then do a slow cruise north over the mountains in fall color glory! Refuel somewhere like front royal Va or go land at Dulles for night on the town in Wash DC.

I like Skyline drive this time of year. I can find plenty of Dc options. Leesburg has a special in and out SFRA window. Thanks for the ideas . I was in Hanover Va today and see that Culpeper is having there airshow this weekend and Stafford is coming up also.

Seeing how November is quiet so far in the Mid Atlantic. How does Bryce Resort sound , 1130 Shot gun Start , 9 holes with cart, restaurant meal , prizes and joint fly in with another Aircraft type group (won't say yet) but I will give you a hint with the title. "CAT AND MOUSE FLY IN ". Toy donations accepted for Toys For Tots , possibly a Animal Rescue shelter. If someone wants to fly in for the weekend can possibly rent a chalet. Cost of event with donation $55 dollars. Looking at Nov 9 or 16. Any suggestions?

You think I will stand out if I wore my sleeveless flannel shirtand cut off blue jeans or will I have to buy new threads? Shotgun start? Do yourecommend Mossberg or Winchester, pump or simi., 12 or 20 gage for my driver. Imay have to get a new putter. The .357 was a little much last time.

I think I was told these kinda things were to stay in NC. Ifyou don’t like my golfing technique look up “Bubbalympics”.

Donald

For real though my game is terrible. But if you guys can take it I’ll see what I can do about getting there. 2200’ runway is awful tight. I’ll have to get to practicing my sort field.

I would like to meet somewhere with everyone soon. But not interested in a Golf day. For another event is anyone interested in Visiting the Cold War Museum that Gary Powers discussex in Northern Virginia followed by an evening in DC? Can do anytime in the future if we want to plan it.

Back