July 4th FLY Over & celebration (Culpeper) CJR

JOHNNYXRAY

Orbiting Earth
8-9:30 AM Buffet breakfast at the Bryce Lodge (walking distance from the Airstrip/campground )
10:00 AM Morning Launch (all aircraft depart Bryce enroute to Culpeper CJR )
10:30-11:00 AM Arrival @ Culpeper airport (other members should be joining us then)
11:30 AM Lunch is served compliments of the town of Culpeper
12:30 PM Pre-flight safety meeting with all the pilots prior to parade Fly over.
2:00 PM Depart and fly over the parade
2:30 PM Return and fuel up ($.20 cent fuel discount ) would currently be $5.75 at today's prices.
(all pilots participating will be given a voucher for either 5, 10 or 15 gallons of 100LL that can be redeemed that day).

3:30 PM Depart to Leesburg (JYO) shuttle to Herndon Holiday Inn Express ($65 night special with breakfast)

Watch fireworks, tour DC (Metro is supposed to open that weekend near hotel)

10:00 - 2:00 AM Party @ Jimmy's Old Town Tavern ( He is making a Ice Luge with the BAC theme) Free shuttle on call between hotel and bar.

July 5

8:00 AM Breakfast at the Hotel along with shuttle to the Air and Space Museum (Dulles)
12:00 PM Depart the Air and Space to retrieve aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
John-

Great job in setting this up. Hope the weather holds and there is a good BAC turnout. Thank you for doing all the heavy lifting for this fly-in. I wish I could make it but it is a bit far for Air-Sierra!

Well done and THANK YOU!

Thanks Chris,

Hope to see you soon. Thanks for the editing BTW :). If you are not doing that I feel you are upset with me.

Thanks For everything you do and have done !!!

Happy Landings ,

JP

I was at Culpeper today and they started the Fly Over List. So far we have
1. JP Sundowner
2. Pat L Sundowner
3. Chris B Sierra (new member prospect)
4. Alan W Sundowner
5. Bob P Muskeeteer
6. John P ?
7. Dan S Grumman Tiger
8. Larry T Grumman Tiger
9. Chad M ?