Ice Cream Social at AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Monday, July 25, 2022

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2022. We will meet in front of the Vintage Aircraft Association's Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W - Classic Concession in the EAA AirVenture app. They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish.  It worked out well for us last year.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

John Redmon (1)

Aaron Mosher (1)

Bob Prange and Andrew (2)

Chris Ott (1)

Charley Booton and guest (2)

Thanks...
I plan to fly-in on Monday morning, but don't know if I'll be there in-time for this.
(I might be landing about this time)

Aviator_ said
Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2022. We will meet in front of the Vintage Aircraft Association's Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W - Classic Concession in the EAA AirVenture app. They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish.  It worked out well for us last year.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

John Redmon (1)

Aaron Mosher (1)

Bob Prange and Andrew (2)

Chris Ott (1)

Charley Booton and guest (2)

I am now a ‘maybe’.  Had a meeting scheduled onto my calendar that will bump right up to the social time. 😕

Aaron, looks like you edited your post before I could respond.  The A&W Classic Concession is at grid L-12.

We will meet on the Northside of the Vintage Aircraft Association’s Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT.  We will walk from there at 1:30pm CDT to the A&W.

Big Brother is watching you!!
And so am I, as I drool at the live cams with jealousy! I couldn't join you this year, but that hasnt stopped me from viewing all the live cams thoughtout the event. Here is the overhead view of our Ice Cream gang as they are about to cool off with a refreshing dessert.

IceC2022Pic.jpg

Ice-Cream-2022-CU.jpg
If you have never been, start planning now for 2023, its an amazing week of enjoyment! See you all next year!

John

John Foster
N78KD
BDN- Bend OR.

Thanks for mentioning the Webcams... Not as good as being there, but it does look great.

Forgot to mention... LIVEATC is doing pretty good as well.

North Tower #1 - https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kosh&icao=kosh

South Tower #1 - https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kosh2&icao=kosh

What a wonderful opening day at AirVenture.  Partly cloudy skies, 75 deg., and a light breeze.  Great conditions.  Received a phone call from John Foster saying he was looking at the live cams here at Oshkosh.  He directed us out from underneath the shade tree next to the Vintage Aircraft Association's Red Barn.  So, he could post a screen shot of the live cam video.  Thanks John! 

We had 16 attendees for this year's Ice Cream Social to kick off the first day of AirVenture.  In attendance were Aaron Mosher, Bob Prange, Charley Booton, Jerry Ayala, Ray Gonzalez, Mike Harding, Don Weschler, Don Driggers, Dan Rothe, Nina Rossini, Steve and Debbie Wyatt, and John Redmon.  Late arrivals and already had root beer floats in their hands were Luke, Kristy and Benjamin Robinson.  Glad all of you could make it today. 

Ice Cream was almost evenly split between six cones and seven dishes of ice cream. 

Next up, the BAC Picnic on Thursday 7/28 at 12:00 noon CDT.    

Back