BAC Picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Thursday - July 25, 2024

Sorry I didn't make it. My crew planned on leaving today. I have the room until Sunday, a weekly wristband and a flight on Sunday (and even a bus ticket to MKE), but I decided at the last minute to go back with them today. I'm sure it was a great time, and was the rest of the event.

I met some great BACers at the Ice Cream Social, and I regret missing the opportunity to see so many more who contribute to this board.

A good time was had by all. Thanks John Redmond for making the arrangements for a quick venue change. It worked out well. That vendor is a gem, good location and great prices. Bob Schmidt finally got to sit and be served, someday John you'll get the same treatment.

Weather was great this year; just one day with some rain, high temp was usually no more than 80 to mid 80s. I trust everyone has made it home safely.

Attachments

• BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-1.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 21
  • BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-2.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-2.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 21
  • BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-3.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 21
  • BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-4.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-4.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 20
  • BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-5.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-Picnic-5.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 21
We arrived the Friday before AirVenture began so were able to get a good parking spot in Vintage Aircraft Parking. It got a little crowded for the Saturday show. I think I watched the people near my plane more than I watched the show.

Attachments

• BAC-OSH2024-VintageParking.jpg
    BAC-OSH2024-VintageParking.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 13
We arrived the Friday before AirVenture began so were able to get a good parking spot in Vintage Aircraft Parking. It got a little crowded for the Saturday show. I think I watched the people near my plane more than I watched the show.
Greg and I sat by your plane for the Wednesday night show, I thought there was a lot of people then 😨, we watched them too but they didn't touch her.

For our first time at a new venue all and all went well. We had 21 attendees. First time we had more attendees for the Ice Cream Social than the BAC picnic. Mary and Jeff, the co-chairs for the Sacred Heart Brat Stand were glad to have us. A few bumps in the road with the food orders. I learned from this first-time experience and should do a better job next year. Having the menu in hand from this year should make it easier. Yes, I plan to have the BAC picnic there next year. Easy to find, good food, and nothing to cleanup! In attendance: Chris Ott, Bob Schmidt, Bob Prange, John Foster, Benjamin O'Keefe, Nick and Jeanette Boland, Don and Marlene Martin, J Jones, Nelson Amen, Greg Johnson, Larry Gurgainus, Mike and Jessica Link, Mark Anderson, Andy, Mike, and Linda Nielsen, Michael Dunlevie, and John Redmon.

Pictured are: Larry Gurgainus, Mike Nielsen, Chris Ott, Andy and Linda Nielsen, Greg Johnson, Nelson Amen, J Jones, Bob Schmidt, Jessica and Mike Link, Michael Dunlevie, Bob Prange.

View attachment 1724265966831.jpeg

Additional note: I apologize for the late update to this thread. My Dad's health status changed while at AirVenture and I left 3 days early. Within 24 hours of returning home my Dad passed away. He had been battling stage four cancer. To lose Brad Mitchell a good friend of mine and now my Dad it has been a rough year.

Additional note: I apologize for the late update to this thread. My Dad's health status changed while at AirVenture and I left 3 days early. Within 24 hours of returning home my Dad passed away. He had been battling stage four cancer. To lose Brad Mitchell a good friend of mine and now my Dad it has been a rough year.

My sincere Condolences, I know the feeling, I went through that with my Mom and Dad and I know how it feels. Sending prayers to you and your family.

John, my condolences. Your efforts over the years continue to reap rewards. You always manage to get great attendance at your events.

My condolences as well, John. I lost my mother, older sister and a cousin, who might as well have been a brother, all within a 7 month span in 2018. Time heals, but I'm still feeling the loss.

My sincere condolences John. It is never easy to have our Father pass. It will be 14 years for me this September 4. I think of Dad often and always smile at the great memories. You will too with time.

My sincere condolences to you John. I lost my father 10 years ago to a stroke. I remember him as a good man. It is still sad to loose a family member.

Linda and I send our sympathy to you. It is a major change in our lives when losing a father or mother. I used to go to my father for his wisdom, so after he passed, that was a huge loss. Then it became reality to me that I was the new wisdom for my children. I struggle to maintain the value my father was to me.

Back