BACFest 2018 - Louisville, KY Update

FREE MINIVAN TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE (FOR SOME MEMBERS, ANYWAY) from CVG (Cincinnati airport) for BACfest 2018 - - - just let me know !!!

All,

I have decided to take the "travel angst" out of this trip. No Sundowner flying. :( And no four days of driving the camper van. Yes, we all know just how "predictable" those tropical storms can be ...... (!) The commercial RT flight to Cincinnati from San Antonio and back ($243) was about the same cost as sitting in the left seat for 6 hours, and that's just the gas. Dude. Now I have a few extra bucks for in-flight refreshments..... and it is only 2 1/2 hrs non-stop. Double dude.

So instead, I will be driving to BACfest in a rental. If you are taking a commercial flight route as well to CVG and have an arrival or departure time close to mine, just let me know and you can join me in the drive to Louisville. Simple. Here are my CVG times:

- arriving 7:00 pm on Wednesday, the 12th, and picking up the rental car. Then about a 2 hour drive down to the hospitality room and Brad. Let's get there in time !!
- departing 7:00 pm on Sunday, the 16th. That means I will need to depart BACfest about 2:00 pm or earlier to head up north to Cincinnati.

LET ME KNOW, MY FRIENDS!! Right now I am alone in a 7 seat mini-van. :o (with trumpet, of course)

UPDATE - - - - standby, one

I might arrive earlier on Wednesday to assure participating in the food and fun ...... I will update you all on my plans tomorrow ......

MR. MINIVAN (my post # 43) WILL NOW ARRIVE Cincinnati at 2:00 pm and I plan to head south to BACfest about 3:00 pm. on Wednesday the 12th. I have kept my return times (Sunday) the same.

Free ride if you need one! :D

Nelson
I will have a vehicle also if people don’t fly to Sporty’s I can help out

Planning on arriving in Jeffersonville, IN on Tuesday to park the plane and rent a car for our trip to N.C. There are 2 FBO's on field. Is one of them our preferred BACFest FBO host?

I'll have a couple of open seats for Friday and I'll hold off on fueling until we're back from Sporty's so I should be able to take two others who are airplaneless if anyone want. I probably wouldn't have W&B for 3 others most days. Also we generally leave the 4th seat out on long trips to help with loading - especially since we have a 4' instrument panel to bring to Dennis on this trip.
-=-
Mark

Mike,
Honaker Aviation, the main terminal building, is our FBO. As you taxi in, left them know you're with the club and they'll park your plane in the area they've designated for BAC.
Brad

Okay, Florence wins.

Plan B: I will arrive via airline transportation into Louisville, Wednesday late morning. As the remnants of Gordon are finally heading northeast toward Steve Cote, I could probably escape Virginia Tuesday or Wednesday. However, the remnants of Florence will most likely still be dumping on the mid-Atlantic on Sunday and early next week.

I would prefer Musketeer aviation, but sometimes ya gotta airline it. All the more reason to make it to Tullahoma. See you all soon!

I got a call last night. A death in the family. We we've canceled. Gonna miss you all.

Sorry to hear that Jack, you and your wife have been a regular at BACFest for years. You and your family find support with each other and we will see you next year.

I'll have a couple of open seats for Friday and I'll hold off on fueling until we're back from Sporty's so I should be able to take two others who are airplaneless if anyone want. I probably wouldn't have W&B for 3 others most days. Also we generally leave the 4th seat out on long trips to help with loading - especially since we have a 4' instrument panel to bring to Dennis on this trip.
-=-
Mark

Mark, thanks for the extra effort to bring the panel and I will leave one seat out as well for the same reason.

I'm out. While I think I could get out before Florence gets to Raleigh, I can't imagine I'd have much fun spending all my time trying to figure out if I have a roof still on my house. Hope everyone that does go has a great time!

Back