BACFest 2015 Hotel/Schedule

Denis, I would like to be added to the prop balance schedule if there are any slots left. Friday afternoon would be the best option for me if possible.

CB

Everyone, I going to send out by email a spreadsheet with times in a few minutes. If you didn't receive or would like to change your time please let me know. I am going to forward it to Harmony Aviation this weekend, so they know the schedule.
Thanks, Denis.

Denis,

Sadly - - - no spreadsheet has arrived. I even checked my junk mail and spam (unless that was your's entitled "melt your fat like butter" ??). Ditto on the PM's.

Please try again - - - - nelson.p.amen@gmail.com

Many thanks,
Nelson Amen

attachment.php
Here is a picture related to last years Bacfest . Look familiar ?

Attachments

• sprucegoosedeuce-5.jpg
    sprucegoosedeuce-5.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 115
Denis,

Sadly - - - no spreadsheet has arrived. I even checked my junk mail and spam (unless that was your's entitled "melt your fat like butter" ??). Ditto on the PM's.

Please try again - - - - nelson.p.amen@gmail.com

Many thanks,
Nelson Amen

Nelson, I am back on the net after the weekend. Two 12 hour days building a chain link fence for my daughter. 35 post holes is lot for a guy that is 61. I sent you the sheet.
Thanks, Denis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEuC2WyErDQ

http://www.abelisland.com/Home_Page.html

The above links are related to Abel Island. The youtube video is a round trip flight in and out of the airport.
Here are the highlights in case you're short on time and want to skip ahead:
2:30-Approaching the field
3:44-Wide circle outside the downwind
5:00-Upwind
6:30-Downwind
7:40-Final on Runway 35
10:00-Departure

If the link does not work search 'Cessna Cardinal C77 to IA23

attachment.php
Here is a quick view of where we are flying into. We will have paper copies on and for the pilot briefing, and I can email out directly as well. mpdieter@gmail.com

Attachments

• Abel Island.jpg
    Abel Island.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 92
attachment.php
Attached is a general map of the Galena area for the Saturday trip. Two thing to note are Lunch at 12:00PM and bus pick-up at 3:00PM. We will have hard copies on hand for those planning on going to Galena. I can email a pdf as well. mpdieter@gmail.com

Attachments

• VisitGalena_Parkingmap.jpg
    VisitGalena_Parkingmap.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 107
I have a small problem with my Hotel Reservations. I planned on arriving in Dubuque on Wed Sep 30 and leaving Sun Oct 4 th. But in checking my reservation at the Grand Harbor Hotel I don't have reservations for Saturday night Oct 3. I have asked them to put me on a wait list for the 3rd but am looking for other places to stay that night. Do any of the locals have a suggestion for a hotel either near the Grand Harbor Hotel or near KDBQ?

Dave,
I just spoke with the front desk at Hilton Garden Inn. We have a few rooms available with our block there. Phone is (563)585-5200. Rooms are blocked under 'Beech Aero Club' and they are running shuttle service for us to/from the main event. Good luck and let me know if you need to look another direction.

Matt

Matt,

I just made a reservation at the Econo Lodge 2090 Southpark Ct, Dubuque, IA for Saturday night just in case we aren't successful on the Grand Harbor's wait list. The Econolodge looks like it is fairly close to LDBQ. Since all of the activities on Saturday are in and around the Grand Harbor Hotel, we will just hang out there after we check out and then go to Econo Lodge after the Banquet. The only problem will be getting there. Is there a rental car business close to the Grand Harbor Hotel where I can reserve a car for Saturday through Sunday.

Back