BACFest 2013 Planning.

This time it will be a lot closer. And we usually talk to Oceana and get cleared easily over the beach or smack on top of the F18s in the pattern. Always a great flight. With the airshow weekend it might be best to show up a day or two early and have more flexibility.

Great news.. I am retired Navy from Naval Air Station, Norfolk... now living in Savannah, Ga... it will be great to be back.. and for those who not seen a Night Time Airshow by the Navy.. you are in for a real treat.. see you there.. The Neptune Festival will be at the same time.. great time on the beach..

Tim Hill
Savannah, Ga

We will be discussing preplanning for BACFest 13 at the Wakefield Fly-In. All interested parties please consider attending!

Hotel reservations are now open! When you call tell them you are with Beech Aero Club for the special rate. We currently have an entire floor reserved for us, but will probably overflow into other floors. So if you book early you should be able to be placed with the group.
The website is: http://www.virginiabeachresort.com/.
The phone number is (757) 481-9000.
The group rate is $101.00/ night.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that is interested in rare warbirds, the world's only remaining flying DeHavilland Mosquito is being delivered to Virginia Beach today. It should be on display and flying within a Month. There are a bunch of flying Warbirds at our local museum http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/ If we want to set it up we might be able to arrange a flyin during BACFest 2013. Or we could arrange a group ride. Check out the amazing private collection of flying WW2 Planes and reconstructed WW1 planes.

Just booked my room reservation for BACFest. You may also call their toll free number, 1-800-468-2722. When giving them our group name, be sure to tell them that Beech Aero Club is spelled B-E-E-C-H. Being in Virginia Beach, they wanted to spell it B-E-A-C-H and could not find our group code.

September will be here before we know it. Book early!!

Thanks for the pointer Brad! I guess we have a lot more Beaches than Beeches here.
Landmark Aviation Norfolk has confirmed the one dollar per gallon fuel discount for us during the event. Additionally the Airport has agreed to a one time minimal landing fee to cover the event also, so we can come and go without additional landing fees.
While I know September is a while off, the sooner we get members registered the more likely we are to be able to keep the whole floor to ourselves.

We have a very strong midatlantic region with a lot of active members. As the event gets closer we will have volunteer local members to help you take advantage of the fuel discount! With Colonial Williamsburg, Tangier Island, and the Virginia Military Aviation Museum so close, we have lots to so for early arrivals.
And..... of course.... we do have a great beach!

Can we have a show of hands of those (at least for now) who are planning/hoping to attend? Since this is pretty much right in the middle of most of the members, it should be the best attended BACFest ever!

Raise your hand by posting if you think you will make it!

I am about 6 weeks away from getting next semesters teaching load, if I have my usual fall schedule as in years past, I will be attending and hopefully along with me in the Sierra will be my lovely wife. I look forward to showing off a canadian Sierra and learning, laughing and having generally a great time with the fine aviation enthusiasts from this club.
Wes Van Mierlo
Beech Sierra C-GGKP MC-455
based Oshawa Ontario canada

Back