BAC Picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Thursday - July 28, 2022

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Update 7/3/22.  Bob Schmidt was able to secure a camping site in Paul’s Woods.  Jeremy Keyes fellow BAC member and one of Bob’s partners in their Sundowner.  He was able to get a campsite next to Bob’s.  So, we have extra room for all BAC Picnic attendees this year.  Bob said when he did the pin drop it came out to be the same spot as last year.  See directions below.  It is very important that if you are planning to attend the picnic to RSVP.  The past couple of years we have ran out of food.  Bob picks up groceries one or two nights before the event.  It is not fair to those that have responded and then have nothing to eat.  Do us all a favor and let us know you are coming.  BAC members and guests are more than welcome to attend.  I need to know who is coming and how many are in your party.  Thank you.        

Join us for our annual picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. The picnic will be held at Bob Schmidt’s campsite in Paul’s Woods. The picnic will start at 12:00PM CDT and ends when the last person leaves. We will supply brats and burgers with all the fixings, plus beer, soft drinks and water. If you have portable chairs, you will want to bring them.

Look for the BAC canopy.  BAC Picnic 2021

View attachment IMG_1489.JPG

Please respond to this thread if you are planning to attend and let us know how many will be in your party.

Directions Link:   https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-image-uploads/rgschmi/2021/07/BAC-Picnic-2019c.JPG

I have the following list of members and guests attending the BAC Picnic.  If you have not responded to the thread please do so.

John Redmon (1)

Bob Schmidt and Guests (3)

Jeff Winters and Guests (4)

Les Gawlik and Nahia (2)

Mike Harding and Guests (3)

Aaron Mosher (1)

Dan Rothe and Nina (2)

Mike, Linda, and Andy Nielsen (3)

Greg Johnson (1)

Dexter Rietman (1)

Nick and Jeanette Boland (2)

Roland Ashby and Guest (2)

Charley Booton and Guest (2)

Bob Prange and Andrew (2)

Jeff Knight (1) 

Robert Grice and Guests (3)

John Persinger (1) Tentative

John Coletti and Guests (3) 

Bruce McLeod and Guest (2)

Jeremy Keyes and Guests (3)

Michael Dunlevie (1)

Jonathan Oliver (1)

Nick Radloff (1)

Jonathan Persons (2)

Brian Rodgers and Guests (3)

Chris Ott (1)

With luck (and enough AvGas), Nahia and I should be there.

(I eat a lot, so I signed up twice.)

Thank you ...This helps my scheduling.  Hopefully I will be flying in from Orlando again this year.  I have already been saving for the AvGas..the recent annual took most of the savings but I have a few months yet.  Thanks again will try to make the Ice Cream and the Picnic.

I'm thinking more and more about going this year... kinda behind the curve to start planning now (only ~1 month out) but thinking I might drive up there and camp with my car.

Nahia and I will be going, with another couple.  We are going to take his PPONK 182 or my 182, if mine is ready.

I'm going to Oshkosh this year, see you all there.

Primary plan is to drive it and camp at Scholler (car/camping area).

But I _might_ fly-in, thinking abut it more and more, and studying the procedures.... and thinking if I really want to camp with the airplane.
I'm really nervous this being my first time and having to fly the FISK arrival single-pilot, but might practice on Flight Sim a few times to get a good feel for it.

I have a Honda EU2000i generator I can bring with me, so I could make it work either way.

Aviator_ said
Details are not finalized yet. The plan is to have the picnic at Bob Schmidt’s campsite in Paul’s Woods as in previous years.  

If you didn't already know, I've seen a few people use "What 3 Words" to find things around Oshkosh and I think that's a great idea.

Example of locating a specific campsite at OSH:
https://w3w.co/checkpoint.quickening.discount

Its way easier than giving nebulous street instructions (can get lost in the huge campground) or trying to copy and paste Lat/Lon from Foreflight which not everyone has.
The "What 3 Words" system makes a 3-meter grid on the surface, so its easy to find a specific campsite or vendor-tent location, etc.

Update 7/3/22.  Bob Schmidt was able to secure a camping site in Paul's Woods.  Jeremy Keyes fellow BAC member and one of Bob's partners in their Sundowner.  He was able to get a campsite next to Bob's.  So, we have extra room for all BAC Picnic attendees this year.  Bob said when he did the pin drop it came out to be the same spot as last year.  See directions below.  It is very important that if you are planning to attend the picnic to RSVP.  The past couple of years we have ran out of food.  Bob picks up groceries one or two nights before the event.  It is not fair to those that have responded and then have nothing to eat.  Do us all a favor and let us know you are coming.  BAC members and guests are more than welcome to attend.  I need to know who is coming and how many are in your party.        

Join us for our annual picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. The picnic will be held at Bob Schmidt’s campsite in Paul’s Woods. The picnic will start at 12:00PM CDT and ends when the last person leaves. We will supply brats and burgers with all the fixings, plus beer, soft drinks and water. If you have portable chairs, you will want to bring them.

Look for the BAC canopy.

Please respond to this thread if you are planning to attend and let us know how many will be in your party.

https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-image-uploads/rgschmi/2021/07/BAC-Picnic-2019c.JPG

Back