AOPA Regional Fly-In - Indianapolis, IN (KMQJ) - Saturday, May 31, 2014

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
AOPA's regional fly-in at Indianapolis Regional Airport on May 31, 2014 from 8:30am - 4:00pm EDT. General admission is free. Lunch is free to AOPA members. Pancake breakfast is $5.00. If you are a BAC member and show up for breakfast I'll buy. This is my home airport. There is a large grassy area just south of my hangar. I will attempt to make arrangements to have BAC members and guests park there. You must register for the event to reserve your meal ticket. Follow the link to learn more.

http://www.aopa.org/Community-and-Events/AOPA-Fly-Ins/Indianapolis.aspx

http://www.aopa.org/Community-and-Ev...ianapolis.aspx

Updated 5/24/14

Here is the link to the Pilot Information Packet or just the NOTAM. I looked through both. If you are planning on flying in. It is a must read.

http://download.aopa.org/pic/14-OR-0..._FlyIn_PIP.pdf

Click here to download just the NOTAM.

Airport map of event sites.

http://www.aopa.org/-/media/Files/AO...nded%20Map.pdf

Last edited:
It is. I am recognizing that we are not the originators of the fly-in. I can see both sides and see where there can be confusion. I have changed it to a BAC Fly-in. If you attend it will count towards your PT points. Look forward to seeing you.

Last edited:
I will fly to the fly-in from Watertown, WI (KRYV) if weather is VFR.

Jim:
How do we find your hangar when we get there?

Rashby:
My wife and I would like to fly to Mackinac Island.
Our summer schedule is busy.
When do you intend to fly there?

Mark Anderson
'73 Sundowner, N24693

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

I was also thinking of doing a fly-in to Traverse City or Mackinaw Island this summer! Would there be some interest?

I think we should plan something out for late summer or early fall. That would give me a few months to research and put something together.

Mark- we don't have anything planned yet. But I was thinking of doing a recon mission to check it out later in May or early June. Then maybe plan something for The fall. Thoughts?

Yes it is. I spoke to Ryan Maxfield today at Indy Jet. If you are attending and arrive on Friday they can park our planes at a designated spot together. I was hoping in the grass just south of my hangar. I am in row 507 hangar number 10. It can be accessed via taxiway A2. On Saturday the planes will be parked as they arrive. He said they have 500 planes registered to attend. So plan to arrive early. If you are arriving on Friday let me know.

I'd say meet at the breakfast tent for those arriving in the morning. If I can get a head count and an anticipated time of arrival from everyone. I'll pick a time to meet up. Otherwise I can be reached at 317-626-2583 if you can't find me.

500 planes most of them in the am? is there going to be any kind of notam issued for spacing and landing. That seems to be a lot to me. I know how Kset is on a sunny sat it can get crazy with less than 10 planes.

From AOPA's website.

Special Flight Procedures

We have designated Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport (KUMP) as a reliever airport for the fly-in. On Saturday, AOPA will have FREE transportation shuttles all day for fly-in attendees between Metropolitan and Regional. The shuttles will depart Metropolitan on the 1/2 hour from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

If you want to beat the rush, fly into Indianapolis Regional (KMQJ) on Friday. Our host FBO, IndyJet, is generously offering a special fuel discount of $.25 off per gallon for thos flying in and purchasing fuel on Friday.

Aircraft Camping

We are pleased to announce that pilots and guests may camp with their aircraft at the AOPA Fly-in at Indianapolis Regional Airport on Friday and Saturday nights, May 30-31. Space is limited. Please review the guidelines for RSVP instructions and campsite rules.

Last edited:
Plan to be there about 8:30. Hopefully won't have to go the the reliever. There will be two of us arriving in the sport.

I must have missed that notam, i saw the one for parking at the other airport. I still am planning on getting there pretty early depending on weather.

Last edited:
I must have missed that notam, i saw the one for parking at the other airport. I still am planning on getting there pretty early depending on weather.

Anyone have a suggestion for how early I should get there? I was planning on arriving about 8:30…

Back