14-18 Feb Crestview Bob Sikes (KCEW) Airport Fly-in

cbooton

Climbing to Cruise
Here's the latest/greatest on the Feb Fly-in to Crestview, FL. Most everything is lined up and would like feedback within the next 10 days on a headcount. Only have one or two who've committed. This is during President's Week.

a. 14 Feb - Arrive Bob Sikes Airport, Crestview, FL (KCEW). Gas is reasonable (although DeFuniak Springs, 54J is almost $1 cheaper...perhaps fill up there to/from), plenty of parking, instrument approaches and Enterprise rental on the airport. Popular hotels in Crestview...group discounts TBD.
b. 15 Feb - 11:00 Fly-out to my home field, Sky Ranch (18FD, 3000' smooth grass strip). I will upload Covenant Not to Sue Form for attendees to sign before arrival. Cookout at former BAC member Sam Dawson's hangar.
c. 16 and/or 17 Feb - Guided tours of the F-35 (Eglin AFB), AC-130 and MV-22 (Hurlburt Field) in Fort Walton Beach. I will need names of attendees NLT 1 Feb to satisfy visit request paperwork to enter those facilities.
d. 16 or 17 Feb - Group dinner at Props Brewery and Grill in Ft Walton Beach; room reserved.
e. 17 or 18 Feb - depart depending on completion of tours and/or weather permitting.
f. Plenty of other activities available as personal schedules permit: golf, beach, bars, parks, museums (Armament Museum at Eglin AFB, outdoor Air Commando aircraft displays at Hurlburt Field which we can visit before/after tours).

Cheers,

Charley Booton, SE Director, N9143S

Back