Triple Tree (SC00) Chilly Chili Fly-In

I'm definitely planning on the fall Triple Tree though. I plan on coming and camping at least one night. I may bring the entire compound and cook out steaks for everyone again!

/Users/Alan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2011/Apr 26, 2011/100_0290.JPG

If the weather is decent I'm thinking about camping the whole time.

Charge GoPro battery - check
Remove Lense cap now - check
Update Garmin data card - check
Beautiful weather - check
Main Gear lifting off the runway as lift overcomes gravity - Priceless

see you at 10:30

Peace,
Don

206 planes was the last count I heard. All in for lunch and story telling. Met the one and only Donald Tyndall and have plans to see him again in a few weeks when a certain well known BACer is going to leave the safe haven of Alabama and fly up our way with his trusty donut tools and bag of tricks.

Here's what it looks like to land at Triple Tree - not hard to find it 7000' x 400' even I could find it without my glasses....

http://youtu.be/SbVJDpuESTA

My first official BAC event!!

Peace,
Don

Last edited:
Actually that was a coincidence. The sundowner you see at the end of the landing video was a plane from Greenville, SC about 10 minutes away. The owners name escapes me but he said he was a member here. Donald came in later.

One more video - takeoff.

http://youtu.be/evqVH0xRHws

Peace,
Don

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't buy my chili tickets. I woke up Saturday with the flu. Don Tyndall, did you get the name of the other BAC member?

Good times. The fella in the Sport (1950W) was Brandon Obrian. He said his partner was a member of BAC. There was a very nice Sundowner parked on the other side of the field by me, I never seen the pilot (6005Z). I haven't looked these N-numbers up yet.

Don in front of his beautiful Sundowner. With my fat finger in the corner.

A very nice Sport parked right beside Don.

This is the Sundowner parked down by me. She looked very well maintained.

This ones for Rap.

This ones for B.S.

Some pictures from Triple Tree

ry%3D400

FOUR BLADED PROP - THIS THING CLIMBED LIKE A SATURN ROCKET ON DEPARTURE

ry%3D400

RAP THEY PUT THE LANDING GEAR ON ALL WRONG - OR YOURS IS WRONG....

ry%3D400

2 Dons - which one is which??????

ry%3D400

Peace,
Don

If I remember correctly JP contacted her when we was recruiting in NC. I think I talked with her to. Real nice lady, I guess she never renewed. JP must have scared her off.;)

Don:

15LM is a AA1C, two seater, dang I was hoping there was a TW version of a tiger!!

Jay: Where did yu get the pix of me and the little woman? She musta stubbed out the Marlboro before the pix.

Rap

Back