Tenth Anniversary Celebration (BAC TAC)

How are you getting between the airport and hotel? Does the hotel have a shuttle? The internet says it is about 4 1/2 miles from the airport to the hotel. A bit long for a walk late at night.

How are you getting between the airport and hotel? Does the hotel have a shuttle? The internet says it is about 4 1/2 miles from the airport to the hotel. A bit long for a walk late at night.

Mike, I just called the Wichita Marriott at 316-651-0333 and inquired if they have a shuttle service to Colonel Jabara airport and they said, yes. Call them at that number and they will pick you up.

I just heard back from the hotel as well. At KICT (main airport, Intercontinental), in the baggage claim area, there is a Wichita Marriott phone that can be used when you arrive and the shuttle will come pick you up. They will also come pick up at KAAO (Jabara). You can call ahead of time and make a reservation for pickup, if you're confident of your arrival time. Otherwise, call the Marriott upon arrival and they'll send the shuttle as soon as it's available.

They will shuttle everyone back to the airports for departures.

--BEECH FACTORY TOUR INFO--

The factory location is as follows:

[FONT=&quot]Meet in the lobby of Plant IV at 201 North Greenwich Road in Wichita at 8:45 a.m. on 6/20, the tour will begin at 9:00 a.m.[/FONT]

Please note, cameras and phones that take photos will not be allowed on the Beech Factory Tour.

Also, be sure to bring a government issued, photo ID with you.

Enjoy the tour!

Last edited:
Great news! There has been a delay by a vacation of the screen printer, but the T-shirts should arrive here on Thursday. If they do, everyone at BAC TAC will receive a "Life's A Beech" t-shirt. I don't have pictures of them just yet, but on the back is an outline of a single engine Musketeer and a list of all the Musketeer models produced. I think you will enjoy and proudly wear them. See you there!

News update!!!

I negotiated a deal with Enterprise Car Rental for picking up your rental car at Jabara Airport.

Please call the airport FBO Midwest Corporate Aviation (316)-636-9700.

If you call in advance with approximate arrival time, they will drop a car off at Jabara airport and you can pick it up at the FBO desk. You can then drop it off at the airport FBO on return without filling the tank. They will fill it up and bill you the pump price of $3.55 per gallon.

Rates are $45.00 per day or $146.00 for the week for a full size car.

I think this is an excellent deal, and certainly very convenient.

They were very nice and glad to help BAC enjoy the 10th anniversary celebration.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:
I was unable by phone to get an Enterprise reservation through Enterprise or through the FBO, so I booked a two day rental through the internet for $35.00 taxes included per day. Not as good a deal as a full week and I will have to get out to Enterprise on Saturday to pick it up. Still not a bad deal. Enterprise is less than a mile from KAAO.

Had a great flight in to Jabara today. Smooth air most of the way from Colorado. FBO line crew met me with the rental car at the plane with the AC running. First class service all the way!

Thanks Dave. My hope is to be off the ground by 7:00 p.m. CDT this evening and that should put us into KAAO about 9:00 p.m. We had planned on getting the hotel to shuttle us in, but I may give you a call if you are available. We are keeping a close watch on the weather as there is a chance of TRW's this evening there.

As of about 6 PM local time, Cloyd was stuck in Arkansas with an electrical problem. He is fine but no details on the situation.

Bad news from me - as I feared my work situation has degraded and now I have a so-called "important" meeting on Friday that I "cannot" miss. I'm bummed out, but I guess I have to pay for avgas somehow.

Have fun gentlemen!

I am back on the ground at Reserve (home base).
The good news is everything operated normally today.
The bad news is we don't know why everything went dead yesterday.

Cloyd,

If I had only known that you were not going to your own fly-in, I would have gone! But poor people still have to work for a living. I'm glad you made it BAC home safely. And I'm sure you still have a firm grip on your first dollar.

All my love...

Back