Tenth Anniversary Celebration (BAC TAC)

Clinderman

Around The Moon
The registration page has now been set up and the registration process has already begun. Thanks Mark G. for a neat registration page!

As the news article on the home page points out, the original date for this event is changed. The reason is the Beechcraft company was acquired and production schedules changed which fouled up our original factory tour date. Brad Mitchell and I did some scrambling and phone calling and got the factory tour rescheduled and the hotel reservations reset.

The Beech factory tour will be on the morning of Friday, June 20th. We will meet at the plant around 9:30 or so. More details will be forthcoming. Meanwhile, please note, due to the defense contracts with the government that Beechcraft has there will be tight security. You MUST provide your full name and current home address to Brad or me ten days before the tour date. You should have a government issued photo ID with you at the start of the tour. Also, note the tour is part of the event and included in the registration fee (in a way). In other words if you do not register and pay the registration fee you will not be able to take the tour.

To register and pay your registration fee just click on the blue button on the home page that says "REGISTER NOW." You can pay by credit card or by mailing a check. If you chose to pay by check the Club address is:

Beech Aero Club
BAC TAC Event
P. O. Box 1764
Alexander City, AL 35011

(PS - it will be much simpler for everyone if you will pay on-line with a credit card...Thank you!)

Registration closes on June 10, 2014.

Looking forward to a great turnout for the 10th anniversary celebration. Those registered as of 4/24/14 are:
Rap McBurney (2)
Cloyd Van Hook
Brad Mitchell (2)
David Stevens (2)

Those registered as of May 12 are:

Rap McBurney (2)
Cloyd Van Hook
Brad Mitchell (2)
David Stevens (2)
Chris Linderman
Dave Singleton (2)
John Redmon

Registration will close on Tuesday, June 10. We have to provide all the names to the Beech Factory for tour clearance, so after the tenth we won't be able to add anyone for the tour. There will be more reminders as we get closer.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting this underway. Please post the schedule when it gets firmed up for Saturday, which is when I may be able to jump-into-the-fray as a late arrival. Happy to still pay the registration fee as needed and buy a round of sodas as the winner of the "red lantern" award. Will know more as the calendar days approach and, of course, weather dependent.

Looking forward to seeing another mouse ... eventually, :o

Nelson

Attachments

• IMG_6034b.jpg
    IMG_6034b.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 27
We're a little over two weeks out from the deadline to register to attend the banquet and be cleared for the Beech factory tour.

If you're planning to attend now would be a good time to register.

I am planning on attending. By myself so far. Whomever is in contact with the beech factory please pm me.

Mark, it's been a few years since we last saw you at BACFests in Myrtle Beach and Santa Maria. Looking forward to seeing you in Wichita.
Brad

Brad,
I am looking forward to catching up with as many members as possible. I have tried other years, but this time the stars are aligned.
You never know, Cloyd might even buy me a beer!

Mark
In Oz

Brad,
I am looking forward to catching up with as many members as possible. I have tried other years, but this time the stars are aligned.
You never know, Cloyd might even buy me a beer!

Mark
In Oz

Mark, I will buy you a beer. I will even buy wdnd5960 a beer if he shows. If he shows up in his plastic pig I'll buy him two beers and if he shows up in one of his static displays I'll buy him three beers.

Info request

Hello all,

I am new to the club and this is my first post. My wife and I live in Wichita and are very interested in attending this event. We won't have to fly-in very far as our hanger 1K1, Stearman Field--which would be a great place for a lunch or dinner during the event.

Because of our work demands we would like a little more information about the factory tour and Friday night dinner before registering for them. I see the tour begins at 9:30. Does anyone know about how long it will last? Regarding dinner at the Marriott is there a set time for that yet? Also, my two partners are not BAC members but are interested in the tour, dinner and other events. May they participate?

Thanks for help. I look forward to meeting the other attendees,

Don

Hello all,

I am new to the club and this is my first post. My wife and I live in Wichita and are very interested in attending this event. We won't have to fly-in very far as our hanger 1K1, Stearman Field--which would be a great place for a lunch or dinner during the event.

Because of our work demands we would like a little more information about the factory tour and Friday night dinner before registering for them. I see the tour begins at 9:30. Does anyone know about how long it will last? Regarding dinner at the Marriott is there a set time for that yet? Also, my two partners are not BAC members but are interested in the tour, dinner and other events. May they participate?

Thanks for help. I look forward to meeting the other attendees,

Don

Don,

I hope Chris and Brad will chime in with additional info. Chris has handled setting up the tour and Brad has handled most of the hotel stuff.

I didn't remember that the tour was to start at 9:30 but that's probably correct. I don't recall how long it lasted last time (2006?) but I'm reasonably certain it will be over by lunch.

Your partners are welcome to participate. You can register them. Chris will need their names and addresses to get them cleared in to Beech for the tour. The registration mainly covers the cost of the banquet. We'll take their (or your partner's) money for that when they register. Maybe Brad will chime in with the time for the banquet.

Last edited:
Hello Don and welcome. I'll confirm the Friday banquet time next week. I have a call scheduled with the hotel next Wednesday, but I'm thinking we'll have a cocktail hour from 6-7pm followed by dinner served at 7.

Chris has the plans for the tour and will re-confirm the 9:30 start. He's currently out of the country, so may be a day or two.

Brad

Last edited:
Hello Don and welcome. I'll confirm the Friday banquet time next week. I have a call scheduled with the hotel next Wednesday, but I'm thinking we'll have a cocktail hour from 6-7pm followed by dinner served at 7.

Chris has the plans for the tour and will re-confirm the 9:30 start. He's currently out of the country, so may be a day or two.

Brad

Thanks for checking into the details for me Brad. I suspect that others are interested in them too. As I am here in Wichita I am happy to do anything I can to help facilitate the event.

Don

Back