Tangier Island (KTGI) Wed, Sept 18

Very Cool, Bob. My question is; will the van be loaded on your plane or is your plane arriving in your Van? Or do you pilot types have some special magic tricks!!?

Hi Folks,

All I can say is someone better be taking lots of pictures for those of us who can't make the fly-in...
;)

Regards,
Scott

Add Denis, Kathryn, Jim & Val Weiser to the list of attendees. We had a change in plans and arrived late Monday.

I will have a Herve Villechaize impersonator onboard (he doesn't know it yet) . Monitor fingers (even if they are little ones) 123.45 for your listening enjoyment. This will be the poor mans Hawaiian vacation :). Are we still having the worst Hawaiian shirt or outfit competition for this Mr. Air CZAR ?

I will have a Herve Villechaize impersonator onboard (he doesn't know it yet) . Monitor fingers (even if they are little ones) 123.45 for your listening enjoyment. This will be the poor mans Hawaiian vacation :). Are we still having the worst Hawaiian shirt or outfit competition for this Mr. Air CZAR ?

There is no contest. I have it won hands down!

Herve called me air-to-air when we departed TGI. All I heard was da plane, da plane!
Tangier was a blast. Thanks Alan for setting it up. Food was tremendous. Too bad you missed out on that TC! I believe there were 11 mice on the field counting late arrivals.

Tangier Island in Chesapeake Bay was a great fly-out at BACFest 2013. For those of you who were there, there is an interesting story about "Dr. Copter" in todays AOPA magazine. He is a medical doctor who flew to the island weekly in either his airplane or helicopter for over 30 years to care for the people there. He just passed away recently and I thought you might like to see the AOPA news story about it. Here is a link to the video. The Dr. Copter story starts at about 3:20 into the video: http://www.aopa.org/AOPA-Live?WT.mc_id=141003epilot&WT.mc_sect=tts

Back