Sun N Fun

I am planning on flying down from Michigan on 4/5 and camping for a couple of nights before heading to Orlando for a work meeting on 4/8.  Probably be back again during the weekend before flying back to Michigan on Monday 4/11.    Since I have a 1966 bird, will be camping in Vintage.  I'll look for you all at the type club tent.

I will leave Virginia on Sunday, arriving KLAL Sunday or Monday depending on weather, etc., and staying all week.  I will be parked in Vintage, but for the benefit of all the campers, I am not camping.  If I camped, it would be cold and rainy all week.

The BAC table in the Type Tent will be staffed all week; nothing fancy, but it provides much needed shade and a few chairs and a good rally point for meeting the rest of your family/group.  There are always a couple vintage aircraft on display near the tent; last year we were able to talk the tent manager into putting a Musketeer on display for a day.  It seems many GA pilots have had a memorable lesson or a flight in a Baby Beech.  The owner never got a chance to sit that day!  Hopefully we can do that again this year.

The BAC dinner is planned for Thursday night.

Safe travels,

Bob P

7O3 SS4 448S

Now that sounds like fun... Looking forward to Next Year... Hopefully I can attend that as well as Oshkosh! (Long Range Planning)

Bob_Prange said
I will leave Virginia on Sunday, arriving KLAL Sunday or Monday depending on weather, etc., and staying all week.  I will be parked in Vintage, but for the benefit of all the campers, I am not camping.  If I camped, it would be cold and rainy all week.

The BAC table in the Type Tent will be staffed all week; nothing fancy, but it provides much needed shade and a few chairs and a good rally point for meeting the rest of your family/group.  There are always a couple vintage aircraft on display near the tent; last year we were able to talk the tent manager into putting a Musketeer on display for a day.  It seems many GA pilots have had a memorable lesson or a flight in a Baby Beech.  The owner never got a chance to sit that day!  Hopefully we can do that again this year.

The BAC dinner is planned for Thursday night.

Safe travels,

Bob P

7O3 SS4 448S

Thanks, Bob!  Do you know where the type tent will be located?  Also, any details on the Thu dinner, like time and place?

i’m looking forward to meeting a few fellow mouse owners!

BAC dinner...at the Bonefish Grill located at 225 W. Pipkin Road 

Thursday the 7th

Time - 5:30 to 7:30 is what I was told. 

Bulletman70 said

Thursday the 7th

Hopefully closer to 7:30; wouldn’t want to leave the show too early!  😁

Excited to meet.

anthblake said
Bulletman70 said

Thursday the 7th

Hopefully closer to 7:30; wouldn’t want to leave the show too early!  😁

Excited to meet.

Hmmm....   I took that to mean starting at 5:30 and ending around 7:30.  Am I reading that wrong?

The BAC dinner plans are:

• Bonefish Grill located at 225 W. Pipkin Road
  • Thursday the 7th
  • Starts at 5:30; goes until about 7:30. 

The Beech Aero Club is staffing a table in the Type Tent.  Stop by for shade and a visit.

On the Event Map, look for Stop 3 on the Red Tram.  That is next to Vintage Headquarters (HQ5 per the map legend).  The Type Tent is north across the taxiway from Vintage Headquarters.  Mike Harding's Sierra is on display next to the tent.

IMG_0778.jpgIMG_0775.jpg

A great time was had by all.  Thanks Mike Harding for hosting; we had a good turn-out at the dinner and the tent.  I met new friends and old.  Mike's Sierra was on display at the type tent the whole week.  That was an invaluable display of our fleet to the public.  Good airshow every day except the rainout Thursday.  The Thunderbirds flew Fri, Sat and Sunday.  

It was great meeting everyone and I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner Thu evening.  SnF appeared to be back to normal after covid.  Big crowds, the vendors were back, great air show.  The Tbirds were outstanding, of course, but it was also very cool to watch the Warthog flying aerobatics.

And despite several attempts by members to sell Mike’s Sierra while he was away from the tent, Mike still has his plane.    :)

Half_Fast said
It was great meeting everyone and I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner Thu evening.  SnF appeared to be back to normal after covid.  Big crowds, the vendors were back, great air show.  The Tbirds were outstanding, of course, but it was also very cool to watch the Warthog flying aerobatics.

And despite several attempts by members to sell Mike’s Sierra while he was away from the tent, Mike still has his plane.    :)

LOL, He may not if I had been there.. [img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img][img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img][img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img] His is a very nice Plane!

Alan White said
I need a PT report on attendance from this for PT if anyone can help!

Mike Harding, the Regional Director was the coordinator of this event.  He should be able to help you.

Back