Rough River (2I3 - Kentucky) - Saturday, November 9, 2019

bmitchell

Flight Levels
Join us for the Saturday lunchtime buffet at Rough River state park in western Kentucky on Saturday, November 9, 2019. Plan to arrive by 11:30 (Central time) and just before noon we'll make the short walk down to the lodge. Good country cookin' and a terrific salad bar for those concerned about weight and balance!

2I3 (Two-India-Three) is the identifier, 122.8 is CTAF, and 02-20 is the runway. The parking area and small administration building are on the northeast end. The small ramp at the southwest end has been closed. Fuel is no longer available at 2I3. We've had some nice crowds at this fly-in, so come join the fun.

If you have any questions, call my cell, 859-707-6039.

Brad Mitchell

Rough River 112506.jpgRough River 2009.jpgRough River 3.jpgRough River 2.jpg

I am going to try. Hopefully for Friday night. Weather looking good for Friday and Saturday so far. Chris and I may try to leave early Friday and send the night there. Hope to see you Brad.

Last edited:
Joe and Steve, look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Weather looks good although it may be a little chilly. That'll just make the food taste that much better!

You've never seen a baby pigeon and you've never seen a fly-in sponsored by Brad Mitchell with less than wonderful food.

Wish I was closer!

(Now that I think of it... I have never seen Brad Mitchell sponsor anything that did not involve food.)

(Now that I think of it... I have never seen Brad Mitchell sponsor anything that did not involve food.)

Brad and food? Well you should have been in the bar at BAC Fest Louisville for those rounds of Bourbon. Brad sponsored a few I felt the next day! Despite a valient effort Anne & I couldn't keep up with Brad and Knight and left them in the bar...

When I first started flying in 1994, my "age-seasoned" mentors always told me the way to keep pilots involved with flying is to incorporate food into the equation. How true that has proven to be. Throw in an overnight stay and introduce an adult beverage (or two) and the party has just begun!

BAC East 2005.jpgGaston's 2013 (43).jpgiPhone614 846.jpgiPhone614 847.jpg

Thanks for putting this together, Brad. Fingers crossed that weather is good and I can come down from Georgetown OH (KGEO). Food is always a good motivator, too. :)

Joe, glad you and Chris are making an overnight stay out of it. Too bad it's just a tad chilly to rent a pontoon and go out on the lake! Enjoy the Bluegrass music tonight.

Brad, fly in hasn't even started and we are already having the best time. Great music.
5704f9277562847806aa917ba0fac066.jpg

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

It was great flying today in Central Indiana. Tomorrow not looking as good. I plan on flying down early tomorrow morning. I may stay the night and head back home on Sunday. We will see what the forecast has in store tomorrow morning.

I am at the fuel pumps at kset a c product pulled up for fuel and had a mostly flat tire. Finally it is out of way should be airborne by 10ish.

Great day for a fly-in today. Blue skies and smooth rides! We had nine people for the afternoon buffet at Rough River. In the first picture, left to right, Reese Carroll, Mark Carroll, John Ritchie, John Redmon, Steve Powers, Chris Kirby, Joe Kirby and Brad Mitchell. Angela Carroll was behind the camera.

Rough River Nov 2019.jpgRR 2.jpgRR 3.jpg

This was a fun trip. I found out I need to use my heater more than once every two years :? I also good get 104 knots ground speed at 2300-2450 feet. Only 89 or less above 3000 so it was low level all the way home. Was way better than I figured in flight planning.

This was a fun trip. I found out I need to use my heater more than once every two years :? I also good get 104 knots ground speed at 2300-2450 feet. Only 89 or less above 3000 so it was low level all the way home. Was way better than I figured in flight planning.

I assume no CO2 problem from the heater, glad to hear it. Not to rub it in but the tailwind gods favored me on the way home, 164 knot ground speed.

No the heater just stank for several minutes when I first turned it on. I did not really use it on the way home just made sure it was working properly. It is a power flow heater, it is made to tighter tolerances than the stock muffler and shroud. I think all the fluids, anti seize and the like we’re still in the shroud waiting for some air flow to push them out. I will have to remember to turn on the heater after annuals and oil changes just to make sure it’s cleared out.

Back