Prop Blast Cafe - Coldwater, MI (KOEB) - Saturday - July 8, 2017

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for lunch at the Prop Blast Cafe located on the field. Larry Newland will be our host. The restaurant is in the big hangar located near the fuel pumps. We will have to park in the grass opposite of the restaurant. Arrive by 11:30am EDT.

http://propblastcafe.com/index.html

I am going to plan on being there on Saturday. Love a good excuse to go fly and hang out with my fellow BAC members. hope we get a good turnout.

I'm hesitant to commit because I failed the fly-in at KMTO... ;)
But I *want* to arrive there. I've flown into KOEB and I've eaten there, and it'd be great to meet you all!

Wow what a great turn out! Twelve attendees even though only two members responded to the forum. We had five member aircraft on the field. Three Sierras, a Sport, a Musketeer, and hopefully one future member aircraft a Queen Air 65. Crosswinds ruled the day with a couple of go-arounds. Prop Blast Café is under new ownership that recently reopened June 20th. You heard of the $100 hamburger. How about the $100 lemonade? The kitchen ran out several food items such as hamburger and fries. Many of the attendees had to switch their original food order. A couple of us received a hand written voucher for a free meal next time since we did not eat. Hopefully the new owners will have all the bugs out when we fly in next year.

Pictured are Max, Xander, Henry, (Zack's nephews), Zack Dillion, Larry Newland, Roland Ashby, Mary Newland, David Hast, Carolyn (Jackie's mother), Dr. Angelo Sorce and his wife Jackie. Behind the camera John Redmon.

attachment.php

David Hast's Sierra

attachment.php

Larry and Mary Newland's Sierra

attachment.php

Aircraft Lineup #1.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7089.jpg
    IMG_7089.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7096.jpg
    IMG_7096.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7107.jpg
    IMG_7107.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 84
Aircraft lineup #2

attachment.php

Zack Dillion's Musketeer

attachment.php

Roland Ashby's arrival.

attachment.php

Dr. Angelo Sorce's '62 Queen Air 65, Excalibur 800. Two IO-720's. That's 8 cyclinders developing 400hp each! Beautiful plane.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7102.jpg
    IMG_7102.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7105.jpg
    IMG_7105.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7103.jpg
    IMG_7103.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Queen Air cockpit. Everyone flies with an iPad these days right?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7108.jpg
    IMG_7108.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 64
Was that picture my first arrival or my second? Must have been my second as this picture doesn't show my bouncing off the runway......

Back