North Central Fly-In KANE in North Minneapolis Saturday 4/15/17

We had a nice "drive-in" for lunch today. Greg Huberty and Andy Kavie joined Mike and Andy Nielsen and their two wives for a good time. Afterwards we got tours of Greg's aerobatic Sundowner and Andy's Custom III. Andy has done major work having removed his firewall and changed out donuts. He hasn't flown in quite awhile so is hoping to get it back into the air soon. I will post pictures when I get home next week. We sure missed all of you who had said you were interested in coming. Will try again sometime.

Here are a few pics from last Saturday's "drive-in".
attachment.php
Left to right: Mike Nielsen, Andy Kavie, Andy Nielsen & Greg Huberty by Greg's aerobatic Sundowner
attachment.php

Greg Huberty showing Andy Kavie his recently overhauled engine.
attachment.php

Andy Kavie, Greg Huberty, Mike Nielsen and Andy Nielsen with Kavie's Custom Super III
attachment.php

Andy Kavie showing the results of his work converting his cowling to a split cowl to Greg and Andy.
attachment.php

Ladies in attendance included Laura and Roselyn Nielsen and Linda Nielsen

Attachments

• DSC02537.jpg
    DSC02537.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02538.jpg
    DSC02538.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC02552.jpg
    DSC02552.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC02550.jpg
    DSC02550.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02553.jpg
    DSC02553.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 58
Joe Waggoner stopped by the hangar the following week and we had a great chance to get acquainted and have lunch. Forgive me Joe, but I forgot what model of mouse you and your parnter have, but you did show it to me and I did not get a picture. Wil do that the next time.
attachment.php

Andy Nielsen, Joe Waggoner, and Mike Nielsen

Attachments

• DSC02612.jpg
    DSC02612.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 56
Our Sierra was in annual and we replaced the stabilator bearings and bushings. Very strange looking picture of our mouse with the stabilator off.
attachment.php

Some of the best help possible comes from my 1st officer, Linda.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02533.jpg
    DSC02533.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02610.jpg
    DSC02610.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 57
Back