Monterey Bay California Fly-In (KMRY) August 14th, 2010

Hi All,
I had a wild hair and flew into Monterey from Paso Robles. (We were on vacation in Cambria.) Weather reports were sketchy, but this seemed like a good excuse to go flyin! I took my brother in law and his son (Mark and Zane) and just squeeked into Monterey. Blue skys, right up to the airport.... We were able to land and Mike was nice enough to drive over and give us a proper BAC greeeting! Nice to see you again Mike! As the clouds were moving from the edge of the airport to over the airport, we made a quick escape to the sunny valley. I hope you all had a great time, I look forward to the next fly-in, and hopefully be able to spend a bit more time.
Rich

Attachments

• monterey1.jpg
    monterey1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 24
Well, Jeff and I drove up from Long Beach to attend this event...Mike generously offered dinner and lodging and we took him up on it! Met some new people, had a great time and sorry that we missed out on seeing Rich and Chris and Bob....

Jeff and I plan on spending some time up in the central valley during our vacation 8/21-8/28, so we are looking forward to having at least one meet up if possible while we are there...

Last edited:
I have a write-up, but it would not post the entire thing, I need to see what's up when I check with Mark Gooderum. I'll post something this week, and I did send my write-up that Dan Jonas. Dan was kind enough to write a report that I just had to edit and add detail, thank you Dan!

Everyone is home safely, and I believe this was another wonderful and successful BAC fly-in event. Thank you everyone for attending, we make our club successful by supporting these events!

Jean, I’ll call you offline about planning a fly-in while you’re in NorCal.

Mike Samac

Back