Met Another BAC Member From Virginia at Westerly, RI (Sort Of)

rkittine

Around The Moon
I have gotten in the habit of giving a friendly radio call to anyone in a Baby Beech, that I hear on the radio while tooling around the skies. Yesterday at Westerly, Rhode Island, I heard a Musketeer with a N number I didn't recognize, so I called him and asked where he was based? I guess he initially didn't trust a Yankee as his first response was "Why? Did I do something wrong", after which I replied that I was just wondering as I was a member of the BAC and heard him in a Baby Beech.

We chatted a little so as not to tie up the CTAF and off he went to Block Island. Turns out he is a member from Virginia.

Nice to meet new members that way, though I didn't get his name or write down his tail number.

Maybe he will read this and post.

After he said that, I kind of figured something like that. If I hadn’t been with a student, I would have followed him over to Block Island and said hello face to face.

Flying around the area, I usually call out to Tom Corcoran and Dan Docker when I hear them as I recognize their voices and tail number if they give more than “White Beech On Left Down Wind?

Back