Lunch at Skyline Restaurant - Portsmouth, OH (KPMH) - Saturday November 25, 2017

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Fly or drive to the Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport (KPMH) and join us at the Skyline Restaurant located on the field for lunch at 11:00am EST. Joe Kirby will host the event. Don't miss this one. This has been a fun event for many years now. That jolly old elf St. Nick arrives at 11:00am. Bring your kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews and have them get their picture with Santa.

https://www.facebook.com/Skyline-Fam...-346305094264/

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. It is now officially the Christmas season and what better way to start it than by visiting with Santa on Saturday at KPMH. I hope to see you at this fly-in.

Joe and John, I hope to be there. Our forecast has changed a bit and now calling for rain and gusting winds by noon. Will re-visit the forecast in the morning and if it will work out, I'll be there by 11:00.
Brad

Looks like Portsmouth and my route of flight is experiencing the same weather Indy had yesterday. Moderate turbulence below 8,000 and LLWS. Conditions continuing until this afternoon. With the front approaching I have additional moderate turbulence below 8,000 coming in from the West. I think I will stay on the ground back here in Indy.

For those that can make it. Joe Kirby will be there.

Last edited:
Good tailwind over from SER. NOT BAD AT 3500. It was a little bumpy on the way back at 4500. About 30knots slower. Good day overall with a good group. Probably a picture with Santa coming.

Mark, glad you made it back and, thanks to the headwind, you got to build more hours. Lucky you.

Brad has the good pictures but here is one with Santa before everyone arrived. Thanks to everyone for coming, it was good to meet some of you for the first time and to see others again.

And no, Santa is not the guy in the middle (hint - he is wearing the red hat).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Santa.jpg
    Santa.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
We did have a very good BAC turnout yesterday in Portsmouth to greet Santa. Along with the 75 or so local kids, we had 5 airplanes bringing Mark and Marilyn Kendall, Brad and Laurie Mitchell, Joe and Adam Kirby, Pete Kuhns and Glenn Ellerbee. Also driving in were Joe's friends Vince, Susie and Nina Blanton.

Left to right around Santa.....Brad, Laurie, Glenn, Pete, Joe, Adam, Marilyn and Mark.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4204.jpg
    IMG_4204.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
Aircraft arriving for the fly-in:

Santa in the Medi-vac helicopter
attachment.php

Mark Kendall's Musketeer

attachment.php

Joe Kirby's Sierra

attachment.php