Lunch at Great Falls, MT - - noon - Oct 10th

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
[h=2]10-10-20-20 Great Falls, MT - lunch at noon !![/h]Event TypeBAC Fly-InEvent LocationKGTF - park at Jet CenterPaid or Fee/FreeFreeFly in and share aviation stories over lunch. Arrivals from 11:15 am until noon. At 12:00 noon we will head to town (less than 10 minute drive) for a great lunch at 2K's ..... or ..... grab some pita wraps to go, grab a picnic bench at the airport and enjoy an outdoor meal. Simple and fun.

Let me know if you will make it, and hope to see you on Saturday !! (BAC very lite???) :grin:

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991
(look for my camper van - - - without the boat, of course)

Attachments

• IMG_1972a_1.jpg
    IMG_1972a_1.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 38
No RSVP's so far .... and here is our forecast - - - :mad:

Windy with increasing clouds. High 74F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Welcome to Great Falls weather! I will look again tomorrow, review the updated forecast, and post here ... but not looking too good as of this morning. Might just take a doz donuts to Mike at the Great Falls Jet Center and call it a day!

Will post here tomorrow morning with an update.

Nelson

Weather is looking better:
Windy and becoming cloudy in the afternoon. High 79F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.

High of 79 (sweet!) 0% chance of rain Winds SW at 23 mph

Let me know if you plan to join in !! So far - - - - no RSVP's here .....

Be safe,
Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

Fly-in results

Well - - I got to chat with Mike (behind desk - owner - - Great Falls Jet Center) who always does his best to make your visit pleasant. He is someone I might fly 50 miles out of my way just to support with a gas purchase.

High clouds, and they weren't the issue. Looks like the "trumpet fly-in weather" followed me 1,720 miles from San Antonio. Let's just say .... if you were a little slow on the uptake and managed to open both front car doors at the same time, it would be equivalent to the vacuum service at the auto detailing shop. Anything lighter than a hammer would be on the other side of the parking lot. Geesh!

Just looked up the METAR Winds 27 to 49 .... KNOTS (!!) :eek: And a few extra gusts for those wanting to practice cross winds ..... ;)

Took some photos of the jet drivers waiting for their passenger, and also braved the tarmac for some photos to help all of you find the place ..... sometime in the near future, perhaps .... We'll try again !!

Even put on my T shirt, so BAC was well represented. Sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_4195 (2).jpg
    IMG_4195 (2).jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4194 (2).JPG
    IMG_4194 (2).JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4193 (2).jpg
    IMG_4193 (2).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4191 (2).jpg
    IMG_4191 (2).jpg