Lake of the Ozarks/Grand Glaze-Osage Beach K15 APRIL 28, 2018

We are a week away from this one-of-a-kind fly-in. Just as Steve said, the weather is looking good. We sure want all those who haven't signed on to this one to give it another look. Good weather. Good BAC friends. Great venue and good food. Here is a list of those who I understand are planning on coming to this event so far:

Host Lee & Dee Cole
Mike & Linda Nielsen
Bob Schmidt
Dave Gribble
Denis & Kathryn Weiser
Steve Powers
Curt & Jane LIndauer

We would love to add your name to this list. It is not too late so let us know some time this week. You may also just show up if you decide at the last minute. Guests are always welcome, but let us know if you have some coming with you so we can make sure we have enough boats.

Last edited:
Dee and I have been around the Lake of the Ozarks for a number of years and there are MANY good and unique places to eat in the lake area. We have a fridge loaded with 'white foam boxes' and I don't feel like we've scratched of the surface of our local eating & dining opportunities...

Welcome All and we hope the see you Saturday, Lee

While I don’t have an airplane I’d love to consider coming down and meet some of you as well as see some more Beeches. If I do I’ll probably camp out somewhere. Please keep me in the loop concerning the itinerary.

If I weren't staying with vmy sister, I'd join you camping! As I recall, one of the local airports is in a park with camping. I don't remember if it is the fly-in airport or another one.

I just checked and my favorite camping spot is just 4 miles from the airport...so I’m not worried. I slept 6 days in my car during spring break so there’s always a plan B and C :)

This fly-in is two days away. It is still not too late to join us. Weather looks great. Lee has rolled out the red carpet. Don't miss a chance to go to one of the most unique fly-ins ever done. Just let us know you are coming.

This fly-in is one day away and we are up to 13 people and two pontoon boats. It is not too late to join us. Late comers will be welcomed. See you there!

The fly-in to Lake of the Ozarks was very successful with 13 in attendance. Weather could not have been better. Lee and Dee Cole rolled out the red carpet and were the most gracious of hosts. Their friends, Tim & Tammy Hand (also BAC members) assisted in helping transport those attending on the water in their power boat in addition to the Cole's pontoon boat. By the way, their pontoon boat was not your father's pontoon boat. It had a 250 hp engine and could really move. . We were very pleased to meet one of BAC's newest members, Phil Maschke, from Laurence, KS. He is a student from Germany studying for his Phd in journalism. We ate lunch at the Paradise restaurant outdoors, in the sunshine, overlooking the lake. After lunch, Lee took those who lingered to a power boat dealership were we looked at what I always considered ocean going long and very powerful boats with multiple engines. I will post pictures later this week after we get home. Thanks from the BAC to the Coles and Hands for all they did as well as to those who attended.

Thank You for the kind words Mike,

Dee and I really enjoyed sharing our “lake life” environment with everyone, and I’m sure Tim & Tammy did as well. We hope everyone had a good trip home!

Please remember, I asked; If you had a good time, keep it to yourself… If you had a lousy time please tell the world… We would like to keep ‘our lake’ a secret.

Thanks to All and Happy Skies, Dee & Lee

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the Lake of the Ozarks fly-in. Enjoy or eat your heart out that you were not there.
attachment.php

Left to right: Tim Hand (in front), Steve Powers (in back), Mike Nielsen, Linda Nielsen, Lee Cole, Bob Schmidt, Curt Lindauer, Jane Lindauer Dee Cole, Phil Maschke, Kathryn Weiser, Denis Weiser.

attachment.php

Here's how "lake people" go to lunch.

attachment.php

Here's how the other half of our BAC "lake people" went to lunch.

attachment.php

I discovered that they always back a power boat to a dock.

attachment.php

Finally at Paradise. We had lunch on the lower right, center balcony.

attachment.php

Lunch is served! That's why the whole gang is smiling.

attachment.php

Lee took us on a tour of the Performance Powerboat show room. Look at these bad boys!

attachment.php

BACer's discussing power boats and airplanes.

attachment.php

How about our next BAC BOD meeting here? Nah. Let's have a BACFest here.

Attachments

• DSC_0634.jpg
    DSC_0634.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0637.jpg
    DSC_0637.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0638.jpg
    DSC_0638.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0646.jpg
    DSC_0646.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0647.jpg
    DSC_0647.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0644.jpg
    DSC_0644.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0654.jpg
    DSC_0654.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0675.jpg
    DSC_0675.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0677.jpg
    DSC_0677.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0679.jpg
    DSC_0679.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Yep, jealous. Sure wish I was there.

How long ago did Paradise add on. Its been so long since I have been there. I second the motion for having a BACfest at the lake. I am about 10yrs removed from being a regular down there but am willing to help out.

We were invited to join the Cole's for supper on Friday and found ourselves taken back by the activity and beauty of the lake. Here are several pictures from our Friday evening "dinner cruise".

DSC_0616.jpg
We joined Tim & Tammy Hand and Lee and Dee Cole for supper on the balcony with live music.

DSC_0617.jpg
The Backwater Café after dark.

DSC_0618.jpg
The lake is smooth as silk and the lights are beautiful after dark. Thank you Lee and Dee!

Last edited:
Back