Lake of the Ozarks/Grand Glaze-Osage Beach K15 APRIL 28, 2018

niechiro

Around The Moon

LAKE OF THE OZARKS FLY-IN------LAND AT GRAND GLAIZE-OSAGE BEACH AIRPORT (K15)

Join host Lee Cole and me at Lake of the Ozarks fly-in on Saturday, April 28th for lunch.
Plan to arrive between 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. You will be shuttled to Lee's folks place next to the lake. From there you will be transported by pontoon boat 2 - 3 miles away on the main channel to the Paradise Grill. (
http://www.paradisetropicalrestaurant.com/) Have lunch with your BAC friends with a great view overlooking the lake. We are hoping for a special treat as this is typically a time of the year when the dogwood trees are in bloom. I have been told it is beautiful.

No you won't have to swim back after lunch. We will reverse the process and you will be taken by pontoon boat back to Lee's folks house. From there you will be shuttled back to the airport.

Note: PLEASE RSVP IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND IN THE FORUMS OR TO MY E-MAIL: niechiro@qwestoffice.net. This is important so we can plan on having sufficient shuttles and pontoon boats available. Lee would like to know if children under 16 years old will be attending so he can be sure to have the proper life jackets for them. Children under 7 years old are required to wear a life jacket while on board. Lee would like everyone age 12 and under to wear one. Personally, I think everyone should wear one. My father was in the Coast Guard and trained me to always wear one.

SPECIAL OPTION FOR GOLF and WATER PARK: Anyone who would like to may arrive early or later to stay at the Tan-Tar-A Resort. Their Oaks Spring Special is in effect until May 12th. This package includes deluxe guest room accommodations, 18 holes of golf for two guests, and a complimentary driving rand and club storage. If you are interested you may check out their web site and make arrangements directly with them.
Another special they offer at this time is the Timber Falls Waterpark Package. Up to 4 guests can have unlimited play in their indoor waterpark for two days while staying one night. There are also other packages available if you prefer.
http://www.tan-tar-a.com/special-pk...MIjL65y7fR2QIVlrXACh2BXgvEEAAYAiAAEgLTVfD_BwE

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lake of the Ozarks.png
    Lake of the Ozarks.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun! I hope you have a great turnout!

I wish it was the beginning of the month, mary and I are headed to Kansas City then south to Waco Texas. We’re pointing for home on the 12th.

I would love to be there. If I can get the Sierra up and flying by then I will be there. Love me some paradise as well!

This is my new goal. Ambitious for sure, but it is a goal.

Jay,
Would love to have you make it. Just let us know as we get closer if your flying machine is a go.

I would love to be there. If I can get the Sierra up and flying by then I will be there. Love me some paradise as well!

This is my new goal. Ambitious for sure, but it is a goal.
If your still at kaln kset is only 20 miles away you could ride with me.

Bump this could be a real nice flyin. There are lots of motels close to the airport. Do not be nervous about making it a overnight or two.

I lived in the LOZ area years ago during my first assignment with the State Patrol. The crappie should be biting and Lil Rizzo's is always a good place to eat.

I lived in the LOZ area years ago during my first assignment with the State Patrol. The crappie should be biting and Lil Rizzo's is always a good place to eat.

Paradise and Little Rizzos. That's just mean to tease a guy who doesn't have a flyable aircraft right now.

I am jealous. I will have to go there this fall.

Jay, I don't know how far away you are from Nelson Amen, but if he comes, maybe you could hitch a ride with him.

Jay, I don't know how far away you are from Nelson Amen, but if he comes, maybe you could hitch a ride with him.

Nelson and I have discussed me getting a ride from him to another event before, I am sure I could hike my skirt up and he would stop for me. Steve also offered to give me a ride from the STL area. Even if I had my plane up and going I am nut sure I could get away going that weekend. I will be gone most of that week on a work trip. I am sure there will be a list for me at home.

I will get out to the lake again though. I spent summers as a kid there and my best friend who has a Deboniar also has a lake house there. I am jealous but know I can get back there.

Hope you guys and gals have a blast!

Lil Rizzos - BTDT. My sister lives in Camdenton. I'll be going early or staying late to visit with her for a few days. I also like the Golden Rock Winery restaurant. They will put custom label on bottles of wine for you; my wife got a 'Happy Birthday Jenny' bottle once from my sister and her hubby.

About a week away, long range forecast is looking good especially for those coming in from the north a day or two early.

Back