July 11th-Wing Nuts Flyling Circus-Tarkio, MO K57

niechiro

Around The Moon
ALERT TO ALL REGIONS! Join us for the next north central regional event on Saturday, July 11th at Tarkio, MO for the EAA Chapter Wing Nuts Flying Circus fly-in. This will be at the Gould Peterson Memorial Airport (K57) in northwest Missouri. Breakfast and lunch are available from 6:30 a.m. until the end of the show. There is a congressional aviation town hall meeting at 10:00 a.m. which will include speakers such as Jack Pelton-EAA, Ed Bolin-NBAA, Pete Bunce-GAMA, Mark Baker-AOPA, members of congress and aviation experts.

The real fun starts at 12 noon with air show acts such as:
-Tora, Tora, Tora simulated Pearl Harbor bomb attack
-Air Show acts including the top four airshow acts in the USA
-John Klatt, Mike Wiskus, Gary Rower
-Red Bull Helicopter Demo-Chuch AAron
-Kyle Franklin - comedy act
-Texas Fllying Legends Show
-Special Forces Jump Team
-Michael Kennedy - BT13 Act
-war birds and more war birds
-And many more by show time

I suggest that you arrive by 10:30 a.m. at the latest. Bring your lawn chairs. It is hard to find an airshow of this quality at a small field such as K57 with its 3457 X 60 ft. runway. Here is a link to their web site for more information: http://www.wingnutsflyingcircus.com/
Watch NOTAMS for the date and time that the airport will be closed for the air show. We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Now that we all made it safely through the big 4th of July holiday, it is time to look forward to next Saturday's Wingnuts Flying Circus airshow and fly-in. This should be a great day to watch big name performers at a small airport air show as well as visit and enjoy fellow BAC'ers. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets to sit on. If you can, let me know if you are planning on coming. See you there!

Mike this sounds like fun. It does not look like my schedule will let me make it. The earliest i could get there is about 145.

Thanks Steve for letting me know. The NOTAM says they will close the field from noon to 3 p.m. Denis W. and Don Olson can't make it either. I still plan on going as I sent out quite a few post cards about it. There may be some members who do not watch the forums that may show. The weather on Saturday looks good. My concern though is that the forecast is for 1 to 2 inches of rain possible tonight there. This is important as all the parking is in the grass. I will monitor the weather and NOTAMS for any changes. I will looks for any mice there. I just received my BAC director business cards from Rap today and can place them on any mice. Have a nice weekend! So where are the rest of BAC members in the region? Hope to see you there.

Back