Harris Ranch - June 8, 2024 - Postponed

dfaucette

Administrator
Its been a while since we in the Southwest Region have had a fly-in to Harris Ranch - 3O8 in California. I'm proposing a fly-in there for Saturday June 8 for lunch. Since this airport is about half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco, it is convenient for both our Northern and Southern California members. And, since this location is just off Interstate 5, its possible to drive in as well if your plane is in the shop.

Let's plan on arriving between 11 and 11:30 AM. At 11:30, we'll head on over to the restaurant for lunch. For those who want an overnight option, Harris Ranch has a hotel, gift shop, and gas station on the property.

Drop a comment here to RSVP and let me know how many are planning to come.

Hi Doug
Harris Ranch is a destination I have always wanted to visit. I hear great things about their beef! Unfortunately, I have committed to fly for ODART (Oregon Disaster Airlift Response Team) on Saturday the 8th. We are flying supplies to Walla Walla Washington, so the opposite direction.
Should be a good weekend to fly.

John

Well folks, I decided to postpone this Fly-In to Harris Ranch for now. Weather this week is supposed to be much hotter than normal, triggering an Excessive Heat Warning by the NWS for several days this week. Temps in this area are supposed to get up to 104 to 107 F later in the week, with the temps for Saturday showing only slightly lower. In addition, Harris Ranch is a relatively short runway (2,800 ft.) That might keep some people away with these conditions.

So let's come back to this one when the weather is more favorable. I certainly don't look forward to flying when the temps are this warm.

Back