Fly-in breakfast/lunch - Fredericksburg, TX - Jan 16, 2016 - 11:00 am

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Fly-in Brunch – January 16, 2016 – Fredericksburg, Texas – 11:00 am

Plan to fly to Fredericksburg, Texas (T82 - - Gillespie County Airport) for your choice of a late breakfast or early lunch. The Airport Diner is about 25 steps from your parking spot, and the windows look out onto the tarmac and the runway. Always entertaining! We’ll meet at approximately 11:00 am.

Your host (Nelson – 210-834-1991) will be there from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm, so come early for a cup of jo and Mouse talk if you wish. About as simple as it gets (fly - - eat - - fly). Help celebrate surviving the Christmas and Holiday season, and first day with “trumpet” as South Central Regional Director. Oh my! :o

Weather dependent (of course), self-serve fuel on-site, an avionics shop to visit if you wish (Pippen-York), take a walk through the Hangar Hotel and (most definitely) the trumpet at noon at the flag pole.

Attachments

• IMG_6771a_1.jpg
    IMG_6771a_1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 01065.jpg
    01065.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 34
10 DAYS TO GO!

Be there ...... or be square! :D (hoping for some great mouse hangar talk!)

Safe flights, my friends,
Nelson

Hi Nelson; If good VFR I will be there, thx for setting it up, sounds like fun, that is a great location.
Charlie

Great location for a fly-in!! My wife and I spent a week in Fredericksburg in our RV last winter. Lots to see and do in town including the National Museum of the Pacific War. Have not stayed at the Hanger Hotel at T82 but I understand it is great. This is a 5 hour flight for me but I am strongly considering it. Just depends on the weather.

If VFR weather looks good for Saturday morning, the wife and I will be there. I made a hotel reservation for Saturday night (not at the $180/night Hangar Hotel).

Weather is looking good so we'll plan for a photo about noon. With an attempt to park together.

Llano airport (just to the north) is showing $3.25 per gallon in Foreflight this morning. Fredericksburg (our location to meet) is showing $4.75 per gallon.

Four days to go, you all!

Yes, it is a cold night here in Fredericksburg. Houstonians aren't used to this weather. it was a pleasure meeting you all.

More details to follow ... but great times, pancakes, eggs, bacon and etc. were had by all. Plus an enjoyable 20 mph tailwind to take me home. Three planes and five persons for our first South Central get-together in 2016. Sweet.

Second photo - - - I think this is when the Super was being chased by the local sheriff (black pickup) when we decided to use a nearby road for take-offs and landings ..... Not a chance he would catch that Super! :D Hey! It's Texas!

Attachments

• IMG_1202a_1.jpg
    IMG_1202a_1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1196a_1.jpg
    IMG_1196a_1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 41
Hahaha! No joke, Alan! I'm actually a Houston Oilers fan, but they don't get much TV time these days!

Sorry to have missed it after my RSVP probable. Could not make it...but next time for sure. Thx for setting it up.

Back