Fall Colors Fly In - Pancake Breakfast - Leadville, CO

mdunlevie

Around The Moon
We hope to see you for this year's annual Fall Colors Fly-In Pancake Breakfast September 24th!

Fly or drive to witness the changing of the seasons on display in our golden aspen groves adorning the mountain sides. Eat a great breakfast. Talk to good folks. Get your certificate for landing at North America's Highest Airport and a great t-shirt or hat to commemorate the day.

Leadville-fly-in.jpg

We had a great time and as expected this wasn't one for Mouse drivers to ease into.  First time I took my Sundowner to Leadville I was nervous, but with cool temps and light weight she did it better than I expected.

Perhaps this was just an example that more of us can post a fly in, even if it isn't expected to see lots (or even any) members attending...  The good take away is join in on that fly in at a nearby airport, call it in as a BAC event to fly to.  Sometimes you'll get little interest, but the more you do the more you'll start seeing people (ala John Redmon's successes!).

For the report, it was beautiful and there were plenty of planes spaced over the hours of the event.

Weather couldn't have been better for seeing Leadville, CO on the turn to base.

IMG_4271.JPG (No I'm not flying sideways)

Brought a young friend to show off pancakes and fly in's

IMG_4257.JPGIMG_4280.JPG

Back