Century Flight Club - Maritimes 2013

wjknight

Administrator
Staff member
What a great reception in Prince Edward Island! To be met at the pumps by a founding member of our great BAC was quite unexpected and welcomed! I have chatted in the forum with many of our members, but other than Cliff Conrad, who shared the field with me in Cold Lake and John Raydish from BC, I have not met any other member of the club. And then to find out that the Century Flight Club event was an official BAC event made me jump for joy! Really?, an international region event that I can actually get President's Points for is amazing! Tom was the opitome of what BAC stands for. He made sure I was fuelled up, parked, and my luggage was transported to catch the shuttle. We had an opportunity to check out and talk about each of our aircraft and have made arrangements to get together later in the week before I head back west.

To make things official, I have posted my flight plan, flight times and fuel consumption for the trip I just completed. The Century of Flight Club event originated in Oliver, BC., but I left my home base of Cold Lake, AB. and met them at their first stop in Swift Current SK. This is a group of approx 100 aircraft who gather together each year to explore our great country by GA aircraft. This all started in 2009 when the club flew from Vancouver, BC. To Beddeck, NS., the birthplace of powered flight in Canada with the Silver Dart to celebrate 100 years of powered flight. Since then I have flown with them to the Yukon, Northern Saskatchewan, North West Territories and now Prince Edward Island. It's a great trip wherever we go and allows you to network with pilots of all experience levels.

Cold Lake Regional Aiport to Swift Current
CEN5 - CYYN, 268nm, 3.0hr, 28.7gal
Swift Current, SK to Brandon, MB
CYYN - CYBR, 299nm, 3.2hr, 32.8gal
Brandon, MB to Dryden, ON
CYBR - CJB3 - CYHD, 282nm, 2.9hr, 30.3gal
Dryden, ON to Geraldton, ON
CYHD - CYGQ, 225nm, 2.3hr, 23.3gal
Geraldton,ON to Elliot Lake, ON
CYGQ - CYEL, 270nm, 3.0hr, 32gal
Elliot Lake, ON to Gatineau,QC
CYEL - CYND, 296nm, 2.6hr, 25.3gal
Gatineau, QC to Frederickton, NB
CYND - CYFC, 379nm, 3.4hr, 34.6gal
Fredericton, NB to Charlottown, PEI
CYFC - CYYG, 144nm, 1.5hr, 18.3gal

Totals:- 2163nm, 21.9hr, 225.3gal, avg speed 98.8kts, fuel burn 10.3gal/hr

Will be spending the week doing fly outs around the Maritimes and enjoying seafood! And of course I will take special honour in receiving my BeechBum T-shirt from Tom! Fly safe!

N.B. Tom stopped by the hotel last night to present me with my BeechBum T-shirt! According to him I am the first Canadian to receive one. What an honour! Yesterday I flew a 3hr circumnavigation flight of the island. What a great place to fly. Unfortunately the weather is not looking the greatest for the rest of the week, but I must say that the hospitality of the islanders more than makes up for the weather!

Back