Breakfast in Oklahoma - all you can eat! Nov 16th - KOUN - about noon

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Restaurant is on the airport and close to your parking spot. Have the all-you-can-eat breakfast, or enjoy the lunch menu while we trade Mouse stories and solve the world's problems. Official BAC meeting time is 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. A great place to meet, just south of Oklahoma City. Trumpet will grab a table so .... post your plans. Weather dependent, of course.

Nelson Amen (trumpet nelson)
210-834-1991

Five days to go !!! :D I called Ozzie's and they are open after their re-construction.

Anyone here planning to go to this BAC fly-in ?? Please let me know. Post here or call. Nelson Amen 210-834-1991

Forecast says partly cloudy, 58 deg, 0% chance of rain. Light winds. Might just work!

Yeah, it is not good there today, but this weekend looks better... Of course, the current winds today are nothing for me, Steve and JP after our performance at BACFEST - New Bedford, MA! LOL!!!!!!!

[TD="align: right"] METAR text: [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #CDCDCD, align: left"] KOUN 111847Z 34028G34KT 7SM OVC012 M03/M06 A3037 [/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Conditions at: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]KOUN (NORMAN/WESTHEIME, OK, US) observed 1847 UTC 11 November 2019[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Temperature: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]-3.0°C (27°F)[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Dewpoint: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]-6.0°C (21°F) [RH = 80%][/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Pressure (altimeter): [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]30.37 inches Hg (1028.5 mb)[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Winds: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]from the NNW (340 degrees) at 32 MPH (28 knots; 14.4 m/s)
gusting to 39 MPH (34 knots; 17.5 m/s)[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Visibility: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]7 miles (11 km)[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Ceiling: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]1200 feet AGL[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Clouds: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]overcast cloud deck at 1200 feet AGL[/TD]

[TD="align: right"] Weather: [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]no significant weather observed at this time[/TD]

Three days to go !!

Please - - if you plan to attend, let me know. No issues here with any result, but I do not plan to fly up there to have pancakes all by myself ........... again :eek: (although Ozzie's is awesome!).

Nelson Amen
South Central Regional Director
210-834-1991

Weather is looking good for the trip, so I will plan to arrive by 11:30 am. Ozzie's pancakes are calling! Be there!

But ..... If no one posts here ... or calls me ... or there no arrivals by noon, don't expect me to hang around much past noon. I am planning a trip to Grove, OK in the afternoon.

Be safe - - fair winds.

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

arrived at 11:20 - - beautiful flight

now at Ozzie's awaiting my pancakes - life is good

I will be here until 12:30 - - - - looking for any Mouse flyers !!

Nelson

Great flights on FlightAware Nelson! I wish I was still in the Missouri/OK area. I will be there during Thanksgiving, hopefully with the Bonanza, weather permitting. Dinner at my son's place near Springfield, MO... I thought about telling my younger son to meet you at Ozzie's. He's in OKC, an OU graduate.

I saw that you overnighted in Grove, OK... Grove was an airport that I flew over on my way to Norman to visit my son. It's kind of the start of Grand Lake. I am one of those pilots that as I plan my cross country flight I specifically note airports along my route, just in case I need it...

Trip Report - - - -

The service and food at Ozzie's was stellar. One of these days you all just gotta get there with me! All smiles on the ramp after the all-you-can-eat breakfast (photo 1).

While on the ramp, I noticed the stance of my Sundowner (photo 2) was quite a step up from the Cherokee 6 (I had looked at a few before getting my baby beech). The word "stately" comes to mind. Gotta talk to Jay sometime about his decision to get his mouse. I think I made the right choice ....

Arrived at Grove, OK about 2:40. The Citation corporate pilots had been waiting in the (very nice) airport lounge all afternoon for the owner to show, and then after I headed to the lake for my meeting, they got a call and were told it would be the next morning. We ended up at the same hotel and the desk lady said they were a little grumpy. Ahhh .... the life of a corporate pilot. They were looking wishfully at my Sundowner ..... Nice sunset photo when I headed back to the airport to put on the cover.

Be safe,
Nelson

Attachments

• IMG_1132a_1.jpg
    IMG_1132a_1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1131a_1.jpg
    IMG_1131a_1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1149a_1.jpg
    IMG_1149a_1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 27